Brick, NJ – Vincent C. Grillo in Critical Condition After Three-Car Crash at Rt 70 and Morris AveNY/NJ Legal News
Brick, NJ (May 06, 2022) – An man from Lakewood was left in critical condition after a three-car accident in Ocean County on Thursday, May 5th.
The collision took place at about 3:25 p.m. o on Route 70 at the Morris Avenue intersection in Brick Township.
83-year-old Vincent C. Grillo sustained multiple internal injuries, head trauma, and unconsciousness as a result of the crash.
An investigation indicated that Grillo was heading eastbound on Route 70, near Olden Street when he hit the concrete divider. As he was approaching the intersection of Morris Avenue, he ran a red light.
Grillo’s Kia Sportage hit a car that was stopped at a red light. That car then hit a third vehicle that was also stopped at the red light.
Grillo was transported to Jersey Shore University Medical Center in critical condition.
A second driver complained of chest pain and was treated at the scene.
The third driver was unharmed during the crash.
Our thoughts are with the injured victims and their families at this time. We hope for their full recovery.
Multi-Car Accidents in New Jersey
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration extensively analyzed patterns of age, sex, and driver behavior involved in intersection accidents. Some of the more noteworthy findings of this publication include:
- Car accidents at intersections with traffic signals or stop signs are usually caused by driver distraction or illegal maneuvers
- Accidents involving lefthand turns at intersections are usually caused by the misinterpretation of another driver’s speed and distance or by an obstructed view
- Accidents involving righthand turns at intersections that have stop signs are usually caused by an incorrectly assuming another motorist’s actions.
- Male drivers are more likely to be the cause of an intersection accident by executing an illegal maneuver, incorrectly assuming another driver’s actions or speeding. Female drivers most often cause intersection crashes due to the incorrect assumption of other motorists’ actions, inattention, and distractions.
- For older drivers, common causes of intersection accidents include inadequate surveillance as well as the miscalculation of another driver’s speed and distance
Our law firm works hard to help those injured hold those at fault responsible and collect the full amount of financial compensation for medical treatment, lost income, and numerous other damages resulting from their accidents.
If you were injured in a collision, through no fault of your own, contact our car accident lawyers in New Jersey at (800) 469-6476 to see how we can help you.
Notes: Outside sources were used in the creation of this post including news bulletins and first-hand accounts of the accident and injuries involved. As a result, the details of the accident presented have not been independently verified. If you have identified any false information in the story or would like the post to be removed, please inform us immediately, and we will correct the information or remove the post.
Disclaimer: As a member of the local community, we at Metro Law strive to improve the overall safety and quality of life for everyone who lives in our beloved state. We are extremely saddened by these accidents but hope that through an awareness of these dangers, those in our community will take precautions to avoid these accidents. This is not a solicitation for business, and this information should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. We wish only the best and quickest recovery to all those involved in the accident. The photos depicted in this post are not from the actual accident scene.