Chatham, NJ – One Dead in Crash at Lafayette Ave and Watchung AveNY/NJ Legal News
Chatham, NJ (March 28, 2022) – One person was pronounced dead after a car accident in Morris County on Monday, March 28th.
The collision took place at about 11:20 a.m. at the intersection of Watching Avenue and Lafayette Avenue in Chatham Township.
An advanced life support ambulance was dispatched but the victim died at the scene.
We would like to offer our deepest condolences to the family of the deceased victim at this time.
Intersection Accidents in New Jersey
A report issued by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration analyzed patterns of age, sex, and driver behavior in intersection accidents. A few of the more fundamental findings of the publication include:
- Collisions at intersections with stop signs or traffic signals are often the result of unlawful maneuvers or driver inattention.
- Left-turn intersection crashes are often the result of misjudgment of another driver’s distance and speed or an obstructed view.
- Collisions involving right-turns at intersections with stop signs are often the result of an incorrect assumption of another driver’s actions.
- Male drivers are more apt to cause intersection crashes by performing unlawful maneuvers, incorrect assumptions of another driver’s actions, and speeding. Female drivers most often cause intersection crashes through an incorrect assumption of another driver’s actions, internal distractions, and inattention.
- For elderly drivers, frequent causes of intersection accidents include miscalculation of another driver’s distance and speed, along with inadequate surveillance.
Recovering your economic damages after a New Jersey intersection accident can be extremely difficult. The insurance adjuster might offer you a meager settlement or deny your claim altogether.
Our New Jersey intersection accident attorneys can help you get the damages you are entitled to under the law. Our satisfied clients are a reflection of the care and hard work we show to every case.
Chatham Car Accident Attorneys
Over the years, Metro Law’s team of responsive and knowledgeable personal injury attorneys in Chatham have helped thousands of claimants get the justice and compensation they deserve for their legal claims. Our team has fought aggressively on behalf of accident victims to ensure their legal rights are protected after being harmed in preventable collisions throughout the state.
Following a serious car accident, victims are hospitalized for several weeks or even months to tend to their injuries. The mental, physical, and financial consequences of collisions are always cumulative. Victims and their families are often forced to suffer through the overwhelming impacts of preventable accidents.
When people sustain injuries in crashes, due to the reckless actions of other drivers, they should contact a car accident attorney in Chatham as soon as possible to protect their legal rights.
Our team works diligently to help victims hold those at fault accountable and collect the maximum amount of compensation for medical treatment, lost wages, and various other damages resulting from their accidents. If you were injured in a collision, through no fault of your own, contact our car accident lawyers in New Jersey at (800) 469-6476 to see how we can help you.
Notes: Outside sources were used in the creation of this post including news bulletins and first-hand accounts of the accident and injuries involved. As a result, the details of the accident presented have not been independently verified. If you have identified any false information in the story or would like the post to be removed, please inform us immediately, and we will correct the information or remove the post.
Disclaimer: As a member of the local community, we at Metro Law strive to improve the overall safety and quality of life for everyone who lives in our beloved state. We are extremely saddened by these accidents but hope that through an awareness of these dangers, those in our community will take precautions to avoid these accidents. This is not a solicitation for business, and this information should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. We wish only the best and quickest recovery to all those involved in the accident. The photos depicted in this post are not from the actual accident scene.