Elizabeth, New Jersey Truck Accident Attorneys
Motor vehicle collisions in which semi-trucks are involved are more likely to result in life-altering serious injuries or even death for victims. These incidents often result in the need for victims to be rushed to local area hospitals for numerous tests, extensive medical treatment, and many times surgery. Victims injured in trucking accidents are often left to deal with painful and debilitating injuries that force them out of work for extended periods to recover.
Semi-trucks are massive motor vehicles that can weigh 20 to 30 times more than smaller passenger vehicles. They are also much taller than passenger vehicles with enough clearance underneath them for a car to slide under during a collision. The mere weight and ground clearance large trucks possess have proven to be hugely lethal in accidents involving vehicles of all sizes, especially smaller passenger vehicles.
Sadly, it is far too common for victims to sustain injuries in accidents as a result of another person’s negligent actions. When victims incur injuries in these accidents, they are often rushed by insurance companies and offered minimal settlements for their injuries. These self-serving insurance companies make offers to victims in the hopes that they will accept them and sign away their legal rights to further compensation. These lowball offers do not even cover the costs of vehicle repairs or replacements, let alone cover the burdens caused by lost wages or medical expenses. Instead of accepting an offer from the at-fault party’s insurance company, it is imperative that victims contact a truck accident attorney in Elizabeth, New Jersey to ensure their legal rights are protected.
With over 40 years of experience, our accident attorneys at Metro Law have helped countless victims obtain the maximum amount of compensation attainable for their legal claims. Our Elizabeth, New Jersey personal injury lawyers strive to ensure victims protect their legal rights by reviewing their claims, consulting with and hiring experts, and aggressively negotiating full and fair compensation amounts to ensure those harmed can tend to the financial burdens they face and move them along towards recovery.
Here to Help those in Need after a Trucking Accident in New Jersey
On average, someone is involved in a semi-truck accident roughly every 16-minutes. These horrific and unimaginable collisions involving semi-trucks are quickly becoming more common across New Jersey. When individuals incur injuries in these horrific accidents, it is imperative that they reach out to a truck accident attorney in Elizabeth, New Jersey who will help them protect their legal rights.
Our team at Metro Law works with victims who are seriously injured in collisions, as well as clients who have lost loved ones, due to negligent drivers in New Jersey truck accidents. Our Elizabeth, New Jersey truck accident attorneys are well-versed in handling even some of the most complicated claims surrounding semi-truck collisions. Our team has extensive knowledge of all state and federal laws as well as various regulations surrounding these unpredictable collisions. We strive to ensure victims collect the maximum amount of compensation attainable for their legal claims.
Some of the services we help accident victims with include:
- Gathering Evidence: Our attorneys go out to the scene of the accident for evidence. We take photos, record videos, and collect all surveillance footage available in the area to demonstrate circumstances leading up to and surrounding your accident. We gather police reports, interview witnesses, and gather testimonials in support of a victim’s claim.
- Provide Supporting Documents and Information: In addition to the services stated above, we gather medical reports and bills from medical professionals. Our attorneys collect various medical documents outlining treatment plans and whatever procedures a victim has gone through due to their accidents. These documents are critical for determining the costs incurred from the incident. Furthermore, we will hire expert witnesses who can recreate the accident to provide critical details in support of a victim’s claim. When individuals are unable to work due to permanent disabilities incurred, we hire financial experts who can accurately calculate the lost earning capacity a victim sustains.
- Maintain Open Communication with Victims: Remaining in contact with victims throughout the entire legal process is critical. For this reason, we maintain open and continual communication with victims surrounding the steps of their claim, what is going on, and what is to be expected. We strive to answer all questions victims have about their claims to ensure they never feel like they are not a part of their own legal case.
- Handling all Paperwork: It is imperative for all legal claims to be filed within the statute of limitations. Filing legal claims outside of this time frame will jeopardize a victim’s ability to get the justice and compensation they deserve. For this reason, we work diligently to ensure all forms, documents, and petitions are filed on time and accurate every time.
- Preparing for Settlement: Our truck accident attorneys in Elizabeth, New Jersey will aggressively negotiate full and fair settlements on behalf of victims that ensure they are able to cover the financial burdens they face from their accidents. In cases where we are unable to come to a settlement agreement, we are prepared to represent victims in a trail to ensure they obtain the outcome they deserve for their claims.
- Help Victims Move Forward: Our truck accident attorneys in Elizabeth, New Jersey work diligently to help accident victims get the full and fair compensation they deserve for their claims. We understand how difficult it is for victims to move forward after an accident. For this reason, we strive to help those harmed collect the compensation they need to repair or replace their vehicles so they can get back on the road quickly.
Our aggressive and reliable approach to handling legal matters ensures those harmed collect the maximum amount of compensation and get the justice they deserve for their accidents. Contact our truck accident attorneys in Elizabeth, New Jersey as soon as possible to get started with your claim.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Semi-truck accidents in New Jersey can take place for various reasons. The majority of these horrific accidents are preventable. Unfortunately, we continue to see a large number of victims injured due to the negligent and reckless actions of others. When individuals sustain injuries in these grim incidents, it is imperative that they reach out to a truck accident attorney in Elizabeth, New Jersey to protect their legal rights.
Our accident lawyers at Metro Law have extensive experience helping those harmed in semi-truck accidents get the justice and compensation they deserve. Some of the most common causes of truck accidents we see in New Jersey include:
- Driver Negligence: There are countless instances where drivers are careless and reckless behind the wheel. These individuals fail to pay attention to their surroundings, which can lead to devastating collisions.
- Speeding: Semi-trucks are extremely heavy vehicles. Controlling them under normal conditions is difficult in itself. Adding speeding to the factor just makes the situation potentially lethal. Drivers who travel at increased rates of speed place themselves and others at risk.
- Distracted Drivers: Individuals who eat, use their cellular phones, change radio stations, and engage in other activities while operating their vehicles are at an increased chance of causing devastating collisions. Sadly, distracted drivers are one of the most common causes of collisions across our state.
- Drowsy Driving: Although there are numerous rules and regulations in place that determine how long drivers should remain behind the wheels of semi-trucks, we continue to see drivers push their luck. Countless truck drivers continue across roadways drowsy, which can impair their ability to react quickly.
- Driving while Intoxicated: Truck drivers have to have a blood-alcohol content level below 0.04%. There are countless truck drivers who get behind the wheels of their vehicles intoxicated. This can have horrific consequences, due to the size and weight of these vehicles.
- Cargo Shifts/Spills: When semi-trucks are not loaded properly, they are more likely to shift, overturn, and spill. These situations can be disastrous. Shifting or spilled cargo loads can cause drivers to lose control of their vehicles and cause calamitous collisions.
- Vehicle Failures: Brake failures, jammed accelerators, and other malfunctioning parts can lead to destructive collisions. Although these cases are not as common as others, they can be extremely devastating.
- Road Conditions: Inclement weather, damaged roadways, and other conditions can impact a driver’s ability to maintain control of their vehicles. Unfortunately, dark and unfamiliar roadways are another leading cause of disastrous semi-truck accidents in our state.
If you incurred injuries in an accident, due to the negligent or reckless actions of another motorist, contact our truck accident attorneys in Elizabeth, New Jersey as soon as possible to see what legal options are available for you.
Who is Liable for a Truck Accident?
When victims incur injuries in trucking collisions involving semi-trucks, it is imperative that they reach out to a knowledgeable and aggressive truck accident attorney in Elizabeth, New Jersey as soon as possible. These devastating accidents often involve substantial insurance policies and several liable parties, which make it more likely for victims to get the maximum amount of compensation available for their injuries and damages. Some of the most common parties involved in semi-truck accidents include:
- Truck Driver: The negligent and reckless actions of drivers gain them a liability in these trucking accidents. When drivers are reckless, careless, or engaging in other activities while operating their vehicles, and they cause devastating accidents, they can be held liable.
- Truck Company: Companies that do not provide adequate training or maintain their vehicles can be held liable in truck accidents. Companies that hire untrained employees and those who are not properly licensed can face even more severe repercussions.
- Truck Owner: There are countless cases where companies do not own the semi-trucks that are transporting goods for their companies. In these cases, the actual owner of the semi-truck can be held liable for accidents if they did not adequately inspect their vehicles or find reliable drivers to use them.
- Cargo Companies: When semi-trucks are not loaded properly, and they are loaded in a hurry and over the limits, the cargo company can be held liable for injuries and damages resulting from an accident. It is imperative that cargo companies load trailers responsibly every time as not doing so can result in serious and life-altering injuries.
- Manufacturers: When brakes fail, or other mechanics on the semi-trucks do not function properly, and accidents ensue, manufacturers can be held liable.
The complexity of semi-truck accidents warrants the use of a skilled and knowledgeable personal injury attorney in Elizabeth, New Jersey. Victims may be able to collect compensation from all those at-fault to alleviate the financial burdens resulting from medical treatment, lost wages, and a plethora of other damages incurred as a result of a semi-truck accident. Working with a knowledgeable and aggressive attorney from Metro Law will ensure victims get the justice and compensation they deserve.
Why Work with Metro Law
Being harmed in a semi-truck accident can have a debilitating impact on the lives of those involved. This is particularly true in incidents where victims sustain serious and life-altering injuries. The size and weight of these massive commercial vehicles mean victims are at an increased risk of incurring horrific injuries in accidents. The unfortunate truth is semi-truck accidents often leave victims with catastrophic and life-altering injuries.
When victims incur calamitous injuries in these horrific incidents, they are often dealing with overwhelming pain and suffering that impacts their mental, physical, and financial well-being. Not only are victims left to bear the devastating consequences of semi-truck accidents, but their families often suffer as well. When victims sustain injuries in truck accidents, due to the negligent actions of others, it is imperative that they contact a reputable truck accident attorney in Elizabeth, New Jersey as soon as possible.
For over four decades, our team at Metro Law has fought diligently to ensure victims get the justice and compensation they deserve. Our accident lawyers will stop at nothing to ensure victims are in the best position to move forward from their accidents. If you incurred injuries in an accident, through no fault of your own, contact our truck accident attorneys in Elizabeth, New Jersey at (973) 344-6587 to see how we can help you.