Elizabeth, New Jersey Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Every year, motor vehicle accidents in New Jersey leave more than 60,000 victims suffering from devastating injuries. Roughly 15% of all collision victims are motorcyclists. Although riders make up less than 1% of the total traffic on roadways throughout our state, they are continually victimized by reckless and careless drivers.
When motorcyclists are injured in motor vehicle accidents in New Jersey, they often require extensive medical treatment for their injuries. In some cases, victims have to spend weeks in the hospital and months in recovery and therapy. These incidents often have a devastating impact mentally, physically, and financially on the lives of victims. Although motorcyclists are commonly stereotyped as careless and reckless drivers, they are more often the victims to negligent individuals sharing the road. Speeding motorists, careless and distracted drivers are often the cause of devastating and life-altering accidents.
When victims are harmed in collisions, due to the actions of others, they are often approached by the insurance companies of those at-fault. These self-serving insurance companies offer victims minimal settlement amounts for their injuries in the hopes of having victims sign away their legal rights to file for further compensation. Most victims fail to realize the negative impacts of accepting settlement offers from insurance companies. Rather than speaking with the insurance companies of those at fault, victims should reach out to a skilled and knowledgeable motorcycle accident attorney in Elizabeth, New Jersey to explore legal options available to them.
With over four decades of experience, Metro Law’s personal injury attorneys strive to ensure the legal rights of victims are protected. Upon scheduling a free consultation, our team will begin investigating claims for victims. We work with expert witnesses who can recreate the scene of an accident and demonstrate the critical details for a claim. Our ultimate goal is to help victims get the justice and compensation they deserve from those who cause them harm. Contact our motorcycle accident attorneys in Elizabeth, New Jersey as soon as possible to see how we can help you.
Why You Should Hire an Attorney after an Elizabeth, New Jersey Motorcycle Accident
Sustaining injuries in accidents due to the negligent and reckless actions of others can cause overwhelming mental, physical, and financial consequences. For this reason, courts across New Jersey enable victims to file legal claims against wrongdoers to obtain compensation to help alleviate the burdens they face. Working with a competent Elizabeth, New Jersey motorcycle accident attorney from Metro Law is in a victim’s best interest for obtaining the maximum amount of compensation available for their claim.
Our team strives to help accident victims get full and fair compensation for their legal claims every time. Individuals who reach out to our law firm can rest assured knowing their best interests and legal rights are protected so they can focus on recovery. Our team performs the necessary tasks for victims to ensure they have the best chances of obtaining the outcome they expect. Some of the tasks our law firm performs for victims include, but are not limited to:
- Investigating the Accident: Our motorcycle accident lawyers will go out to the scene of the accident to investigate. We will take photos, record videos, collect surveillance, and even hire expert recreationists to demonstrate the sequence of events that led up to your horrific collision. The more evidence we can present, the better chances you have of getting the justice you deserve.
- Determining the Cost of the Accident: Our Elizabeth, New Jersey motorcycle accident attorneys will gather police reports on your behalf. We will gather medical reports that show the costs of treatment provided as well as future plans. We will even contact the repair shop to determine the amount of money needed for repairs. We take various steps to ensure victims collect the maximum amount of compensation available to alleviate the financial burdens they face.
- Communicating with Victims about their Claims: We firmly believe victims should know what is going on with their claim every step of the way. For this reason, we keep victims well-informed during the entire duration of their legal claims.
- Handling Paperwork: When victims are harmed in accidents, due to the actions of others, the courts have a very strict time frame, also called a statute of limitations, in which they are able to file a legal claim against the at-fault party. For this reason, our motorcycle accident attorneys in Elizabeth, New Jersey work diligently to ensure all claims are filed on time and accurately every time.
- Preparing for Settlements: We understand the importance of victims collecting compensation for their damages. For this reason, we aggressively negotiate full and fair settlements on their behalf to ensure they are able to tend to their financial obligations and focus on recovering. We present adequate evidence in support of each victim’s claim to ensure they collect the maximum amount of compensation available.
- Taking Cases to Trial: If we are ever in a situation where we cannot come to a settlement agreement with an at-fault party, we are adequately prepared to fight on behalf of victims in court. Our team begins building each case as if it were going to trail right from the start. This places victims in a better position to obtain the outcome they deserve for their claims.
- Getting Vehicles Repaired: Victims who are injured in motorcycle accidents need reliable transportation to get to appointments, work, and perform their daily tasks. For this reason, our Elizabeth, New Jersey motorcycle attorneys work diligently to ensure victims get the compensation they need to repair or replace their vehicles so they can get back out on the road quickly.
Individuals who are harmed in accidents deserve justice. For this reason, it is imperative that they obtain the aggressive legal representation they know they can trust. Our Elizabeth, New Jersey motorcycle accident attorneys at Metro Law have over four decades of experience helping victims get the justice and compensation they deserve. Contact our law firm today to see how we can assist you.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Elizabeth, New Jersey
Motorcycle accidents occur daily across our state. Unfortunately, these horrific incidents can have a life-altering impact on victims. Thousands of individuals throughout New Jersey incur serious and devastating injuries as a result of another driver’s actions. Although motorcycle accidents can occur for a plethora of reasons, there is an increasing number of incidents occurring as a result of driver negligence. Some of the most common causes of motorcycle collisions our Elizabeth, New Jersey motorcycle accident attorneys at Metro Law help victims with legal claims involve:
- Distracted Drivers: Distracted drivers are the leading cause of motor vehicle accidents in New Jersey. Countless drivers are too busy talking on cellphones, texting, eating, changing their radios, and engaging in other activities while operating their vehicles to pay attention to their surroundings. Sadly, these individuals have problems seeing motorcyclists when switching lanes or turning, which can result in a devastating collision.
- Impaired Drivers: Even though there are countless laws in place to prevent drivers from operating vehicles while intoxicated, we continue to see countless victims and their families devastated by drunk and impaired drivers. These individuals often experience delayed response time, which can be deadly while operating vehicles. Victims who are harmed by impaired drivers should contact a motorcycle accident attorney in Elizabeth, New Jersey as soon as possible to protect their legal rights.
- Product Liability: Although not as common as other types of motor vehicle accidents, there are countless instances where individuals are harmed in accidents due to defective or malfunctioning parts. When brakes fail, accelerators jam, or other components on motorcycles and other vehicles fail to function properly, victims can incur devastating and life-altering injuries. These are extremely complex legal situations which require the skills and knowledge of a reputable motorcycle accident attorney in Elizabeth, New Jersey.
- Driving Conditions: Individuals who are unfamiliar with certain roadways can cause problems for others. Not only are unfamiliar roads dangerous for motorcyclists, but inclement weather, dark conditions, and various other factors can contribute to the cause of devastating motor vehicle accidents. Vehicles are more likely to collide with vulnerable motorcyclists when they are unable to see them.
- Reckless Driving Behaviors: Every year, thousands of individuals throughout New Jersey are harmed in accidents due to the reckless actions of other motorists. When drivers speed, blow through stop signs, or engage in other reckless behaviors while operating their vehicles, they are more likely to be involved in serious collisions. These incidents often occur when drivers turn or change lanes without looking. Striking motorcyclists, especially at high-rates-of-speed, can result in extensive and debilitating injuries.
When motorcyclists sustain injuries from motor vehicle accidents, they are often forced to undergo extensive medical treatment. In countless cases, victims sustain debilitating injuries that have a devastating impact on nearly every aspect of their lives. When individuals are harmed in motorcycle accidents, due to the actions of others, it is imperative that they contact a motorcycle accident attorney in Elizabeth, New Jersey as soon as possible to protect their legal rights. Victims may be entitled to compensation to help alleviate the financial burdens they face from their accidents.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Individuals who are harmed in motorcycle accidents are often left with life-altering and debilitating injuries. These injuries often require extensive medical treatment, hospitalization, and months of therapy. In many cases, victims are forced out of work for months to recover. Our team of knowledgeable Elizabeth, New Jersey motorcycle accident attorneys at Metro Law strives to help victims collect the maximum amount of compensation available to cover various damages resulting from their accidents. We understand the critical importance for victims to get the medical treatment they need after their accidents. Some of the most common injuries victims of motorcycle accidents incur include, but are not limited to+:
- Broken Bones
- Cuts, Scrapes, and Abrasions
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Neck Injuries
When individuals incur injuries in motorcycle accidents, they are often forced to undergo extensive medical treatment and spend months in recovery. These injuries not only have a negative impact on the mental and physical wellbeing of victims, but they can result in overwhelming financial burdens. For this reason, we strive to help victims collect the maximum amount of compensation available to alleviate the financial burdens victims face. Our Elizabeth, New Jersey motorcycle accident attorneys at Metro Law work diligently to ensure accident victims are fully and fairly compensated for their legal claims. Contact our law firm today to get the justice you deserve.
Why Work With Metro Law
Every year, thousands of motorcyclists are injured in motor vehicle accidents throughout New Jersey. These incidents often leave victims with devastating injuries. Many victims deal with overwhelming pain and suffering from injuries that devastate nearly every aspect of their lives. In many cases, victims have to undergo extensive medical treatment for their injuries. When victims sustain devastating injuries, due to the negligent actions of others, it is crucial that they have a reputable and reliable personal injury attorney in Elizabeth, New Jersey by their side to ensure their legal rights are protected.
Our team at Metro Law has over 40-years of experience helping accident victims get the maximum amount of compensation and the justice they deserve for their accidents. Our aggressive attorneys will stop at nothing to ensure those harmed are able to move forward from their accidents in the best position possible so they can focus on getting better. We work diligently to help victims collect the maximum amount of compensation available for their claims to cover a variety of damages, including:
- Pain and Suffering
- Medical Treatment
- Lost Wages
- Lost Earning Capacity
- Loss of Consortium
- Mental Anguish
- And more
Our Elizabeth, New Jersey motorcycle accident attorneys provide aggressive and compassionate representation to victims to help them hold wrongdoers accountable for their actions. Contact Metro Law today at (973) 344-6487 to schedule a free case evaluation at your earliest convenience to explore legal options available for you. Our knowledgeable attorneys are ready to help you protect your legal rights and best interest so you can move forward from your accident.