Hillside, NJ – One Killed, One Injured in Auto Accident on N Broad St near Hillside AveNY/NJ Legal News
Hillside, NJ (March 7, 2023) – A driver lost his life, and his passenger suffered injuries in a car crash in Hillside on Saturday night, March 4. The accident happened on North Broad Street, sources said.
According to reports, Antonio Lotona 3rd, 27, of Washington Township, was headed south on North Broad Street in an SUV when he lost control for unknown reasons. The vehicle struck a guardrail before overturning near the intersection with Hillside Avenue.
A passenger present in the vehicle at the time had to be extricated from the SUV by fire crews. He was identified as a 33-year-old man also from Washington Township in Warren County. Paramedics transported him to a local hospital with injuries.
Authorities in Hillside are investigating the details of the accident.
We want to offer our sincere condolences to the family of the deceased victim. We hope for the full recovery of the injured victim.
New Jersey Car Accidents
Every year, tens of thousands of people are hurt as a result of crashes that take place in the state of New Jersey. There are many cases where innocent people are harmed due to the negligent and reckless actions of other drivers. In New Jersey, the all-time leading cause of traffic crashes that we see is distracted driving. There are various types of distractions that lead to traffic accidents taking place in our state. Some of the most common include:
- The use of cell phones and other electronic devices
- Eating or drinking while driving
- Talking to passengers
- Smoking while driving
- Distracted pedestrians or cyclists
In addition to distractions, we also see many accidents take place as a result of drivers who are impaired, speeding, and those who failed to yield the right-of-way to others. No matter the cause of your accident, if you suffered injuries due to another person’s negligence, you may have legal options available to help you move forward. A car accident lawyer in Hillside can help you seek financial compensation for some of the damages in losses that you face.
It is important that you seek legal guidance right away. Taking action quickly after an accident can help to ensure that you are in the best position possible to recover financial compensation for the damages and losses that you face. This includes recovering compensation for:
- Medical expenses: This includes past and future expenses for treatment, therapy, hospitalization, and any other medical care related to the accident.
- Lost wages: If the accident has caused you to miss work, you can recover your lost wages as well as any future earnings that may be impacted by your injuries.
- Pain and suffering: This is a type of non-economic damage that takes into account the physical pain and emotional anguish caused by the accident and your injuries.
- Property damage: If the accident has damaged your vehicle or any other personal property, you can recover the cost of repairs or replacement.
- Punitive damages: In some cases, punitive damages may be available if the defendant’s actions were particularly reckless.
If you have been hurt in a car crash, we at Metro Law hope that you find the justice and compensation that you deserve. Our experienced New Jersey car accident lawyers are here to provide assistance moving forward. Our personal injury lawyers provide a free consultation, so we can meet with you at your earliest convenience to discuss your case. Call our law firm today at 800-469-6476 to see how we can help you.