Jackson, NJ – Man Severely Burned in Dahlia Ct Structure Fire

Jackson, NJ – Man Severely Burned in Dahlia Ct Structure Fire

Jackson, NJ (November 07, 2022) – On Saturday, November 5th, at about 12:55 a.m., the Jackson Township Police Department reported that multiple police and fire crews were dispatched to the 1400th block of Dahlia Court, near Sixty Acre Boulevard, for reports of a structure fire.  

Police were first on the scene. Upon their arrival, they located a man outside of the condominium with serious burns on his upper body. Jackson First Aid responded to requests for victim assistance. 

The man was able to inform officers that the fire started in an upstairs bathroom and that nobody else was inside the unit. Officers entered the structure and immediately noticed heavy smoke coming from the second story of the house.

Multiple other officers began arriving on the scene and worked to safely evacuate the residents in the adjoining units.

The victim was taken by paramedics to Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus in Lakewood. From there, he was moved to the Cooperman Street Barnabas Burn Unit in Livingston for additional treatment. He is currently listed in critical but stable condition.

Our thoughts are with the injured victim and their family at this time. We hope for their full recovery.

Residential Fires in New Jersey 

Jackson, MS - Man Severely Burned in Dahlia Ct Structure Fire

When you consider that roughly 81% of fire-related casualties within the United States occur in houses, hotels, and apartments, it is evident that residential fire prevention is a major public safety problem. The leading cause of fatal residential fires is tobacco products that were not properly disposed of. Appliances used for cooking, such as grills, hot plates, and stoves, are the primary cause of serious burn injuries in residential fires. 

A few additional causes of New Jersey home and apartment fires include:  

  • Faulty appliances/Defective appliance parts
  • Outdated or worn-out electrics
  • Improperly installed, cracked, or broken gas lines
  • Plugged chimney flues
  • Boilers or furnaces that are broken, faulty, or have defective parts

In home and apartment fires, smoke inhalation is the primary manner of death followed closely by burn injuries. Those who manage to escape, however, usually experience a considerable degree of both. These and other fire-related injuries are remarkably painful and costly to treat. 

The majority of burn injuries will come under one of three types: 

  • 1st-degree burns: 1st-degree burns involve just the epidermis or top layer of skin. These are the type of burns you get from cooking, ironing, or from sunburn, and usually take just a few days to heal.  
  • 2nd-degree burns: These burns go down to the dermis or second layer of skin. More severe than a 1st-degree burn, these could necessitate skin grafts and leave the victim permanently scarred. 
  • 3rd-degree burns: Burns of this extent destroy the hypodermis or third layer of skin. They cause not only skin loss, but also the potential loss of hair follicles, sweat glands, and the stratum basale, the layer of skin where new cells are created. 

Our attorneys work diligently to ensure families have their legal rights protected so they can move forward after a serious burn injury. Contact the Jackson fire injury lawyers at Metro Law by calling (800) 469-6476 to see how we can help you.

Notes: Outside sources were used in the creation of this post including news bulletins and first-hand accounts of the accident and injuries involved. As a result, the details of the accident presented have not been independently verified. If you have identified any false information in the story or would like the post to be removed, please inform us immediately, and we will correct the information or remove the post. 

Disclaimer: As a member of the local community, we at Metro Law strive to improve the overall safety and quality of life for everyone who lives in our beloved state. We are extremely saddened by these accidents but hope that through an awareness of these dangers, those in our community will take precautions to avoid these accidents. This is not a solicitation for business, and this information should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. We wish only the best and quickest recovery to all those involved in the accident. The photos depicted in this post are not from the actual accident scene.