Lakewood, NJ – Victims Injured When Utility Van Rolls After Crash at Madison Ave and County Line RdNY/NJ Legal News
Lakewood, NJ (July 01, 2022) – Police and local Shomrim volunteers were dispatched to the scene of a serious vehicle crash at the intersection of County Line Road and Madison Avenue on Friday, July 1st in Lakewood.
The incident took place at about 12:20 a.m. when a utility van and a two-door sedan collided at the intersection, strewing debris across the roadway and causing the van to overturn.
Hatzolah responded to the crash where they tended to victims with non-critical injuries.
Our thoughts are with the injured victim and their family at this time. We hope for their full recovery.
Intersection Accidents in New Jersey
A publication distributed by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration examined patterns of driver behavior, sex, and age in intersection collisions. Some of the more intriguing findings of the study cited in the publication include:
- Left-turn intersection crashes are often the result of misjudgment of another driver’s distance and speed or an obstructed view.
- Collisions at intersections with stop signs or traffic signals are often the result of unlawful maneuvers or driver inattention.
- For elderly drivers, frequent causes of intersection accidents include miscalculation of another driver’s distance and speed, along with inadequate surveillance.
- Male drivers are more apt to cause intersection crashes by performing unlawful maneuvers, incorrect assumptions of another driver’s actions, and speeding. Female drivers most often cause intersection crashes through an incorrect assumption of another driver’s actions, internal distractions, and inattention.
- Collisions involving right-turns at intersections with stop signs are often the result of an incorrect assumption of another driver’s actions.
Recovering your damages after an intersection accident in New Jersey can be difficult. The insurance adjuster will most likely offer you a low settlement that does not cover all your damages or deny your claim entirely.
Our team works diligently to help victims hold those at fault accountable and collect the maximum amount of compensation for medical treatment, lost wages, and various other damages resulting from their accidents. If you were injured in a collision, through no fault of your own, contact our car accident lawyers in New Jersey at (800) 469-6476 to see how we can help you.
Our New Jersey intersection accident attorneys can help you get the damages you are entitled to under the law. Our satisfied clients are a reflection of the care and hard work we show to every case.
Notes: Outside sources were used in the creation of this post including news bulletins and first-hand accounts of the accident and injuries involved. As a result, the details of the accident presented have not been independently verified. If you have identified any false information in the story or would like the post to be removed, please inform us immediately, and we will correct the information or remove the post.
Disclaimer: As a member of the local community, we at Metro Law strive to improve the overall safety and quality of life for everyone who lives in our beloved state. We are extremely saddened by these accidents but hope that through an awareness of these dangers, those in our community will take precautions to avoid these accidents. This is not a solicitation for business, and this information should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. We wish only the best and quickest recovery to all those involved in the accident. The photos depicted in this post are not from the actual accident scene.