Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Jersey City, New Jersey
Every year, thousands of motorcyclists are injured in motor vehicle accidents across our state. As you can imagine, accidents involving these riders often end with far more serious injuries, due to the fact that the body of riders is completely exposed to outside forces. When victims are harmed in motorcycle accidents, they often undergo extensive medical treatment for their injuries and spend months in recovery and therapy.
Unfortunately, a large number of accidents occur due to the negligent or reckless acts of others. When victims are harmed due to the actions of others, they are often approached by the insurance company of the at-fault party and offered minimal settlements for their injuries and damages. These offers are typically barely enough to cover the costs of damages, let alone lost wages and medical treatment. Rather than accepting these offers, it is crucial for victims to contact a motorcycle accident attorney in Jersey City to protect their legal rights.
The Jersey City motorcycle accident lawyers at Metro Law have extensive experience helping accident victims get the justice and compensation they deserve. Our knowledgeable attorneys work diligently to review claims for victims, consult with and hire expert witnesses to help provide critical details surrounding the incident, and aggressively negotiate full and fair settlements on behalf of those harmed. Contact our motorcycle accident attorneys in Jersey City as soon as possible to explore the legal options available to you.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Jersey City
Motorcycle accidents can occur suddenly and without warning. Unfortunately, these accidents leave thousands of victims injured in New Jersey every year. The sad and unfortunate truth is that the majority of motorcycle accidents occur due to completely preventable situations. Although motorcycle accidents can happen for any reason, collisions are often caused by the negligent and reckless actions of others. Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents our team at Metro Law has seen include:
- Distracted Drivers: Drivers who are using their cellphones to talk or text, changing the radio or navigation system, or engaging in other tasks while operating their vehicles often have problems seeing motorcyclists around them before it is too late. Regardless of how many laws and regulations are in place to prevent driver distraction, we continue to see these circumstances surrounding countless cases throughout New Jersey.
- Driving Under the Influence: Drivers who drink alcohol or use drugs are responsible for over 50 percent of collisions across New Jersey. Although there are strict laws in place to prevent this type of activity from happening, many motorcyclists continue to be affected by drivers under the influence.
- Product Liability: Defective brakes and mechanical failures can result in devastating motorcycle accidents. Unfortunately, there are several cases where manufacturers fail to issue recalls in a timely manner. As a result, individuals across New Jersey suffer in devastating accidents.
- Driving Conditions: Traveling in dark and inclement weather are some of the leading causes of motorcycle accidents. There are countless cases where sudden changes in the weather leave motorcyclists at risk on roadways across New Jersey. Sadly, there are many cases where drivers rush to make it to their destinations and strike motorcyclists in the process.
- Reckless Driver Behaviors: Driving too fast, falling asleep, disobeying traffic control devices, and engaging in various other reckless acts place the lives of others at risk for serious injuries. Unfortunately, the reckless action of others claims the lives of numerous motorcyclists each year.
When victims are harmed in motorcycle accidents due to the reckless or negligent acts of others, it is crucial that they contact a motorcycle accident attorney in Jersey City as soon as possible to protect their legal rights. Victims may be entitled to compensation to help alleviate the impacts of financial burdens resulting from their collisions.
Types of Damages in Motorcycle Accident Cases
When victims are harmed in motorcycle accidents, they often deal with excruciating pain and suffering. To make matters worse, victims and their families are left to deal with devastating financial consequences. Our Jersey City motorcycle accident lawyers at Metro Law work diligently to help victims get the maximum amount of compensation for their legal claims. Over the years, we have helped thousands of victims get full and fair compensation for damages, including but not limited to:
- Medical Expenses: When victims are injured in motorcycle accidents, they are often forced to undergo extensive medical treatment. Our law firm will work diligently to help those harmed collect the maximum amount of compensation available for all past, current, and future medical expenses. Regardless of whether a victim needs medication, medical equipment, or therapy, we are dedicated to helping them get the maximum amount of compensation available for their claims.
- Lost Wages: When victims are harmed in accidents, they often have to take time off work to recover and go to doctor’s appointments. Our motorcycle accident attorneys in Jersey City help victims collect the maximum amount of compensation available to cover all lost wages related to their accident.
- Lost Earnings: When victims are forced out of work indefinitely from their accidents, we help them collect full and fair compensation to cover the lost earning capacity they experience from being unable to return to work. Our lawyers work with financial experts who can conduct complex calculations based on a victim’s level of education, promotion potential, and various other factors. Working with our knowledgeable motorcycle accident attorneys in Jersey City will ensure you get the maximum amount of compensation available for your claim.
- Pain and Suffering: When victims are harmed in accidents, they often endure overwhelming mental and physical pain and suffering. Injuries can have a crippling impact on the lives of victims. For this reason, our attorneys work diligently to ensure those harmed are able to demonstrate to the court the level of suffering they experience in order to get the maximum amount of compensation available.
- Punitive Damages: There are some cases where victims are harmed in accidents due to the extreme negligence of others. When this occurs, we help victims collect the maximum amount of compensation available for punitive damages. These damages are not provided to victims for any particular loss. Instead, they are assessed against those at-fault for their egregious behavior as a form of punishment for their wrongdoing and a deterrent to future negligent behavior.
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, it is crucial for you to contact a motorcycle lawyer in New Jersey as soon as possible. Our team at Metro Law is dedicated to helping victims protect their legal rights and get the compensation they deserve.
Why You Should Hire a Lawyer After a Jersey City, New Jersey Motorcycle Accident
When victims work with us, we take all of the legal responsibilities off their hands so they can focus on recovering. Our team provides them with the best chances of getting the maximum amount of compensation available. Metro Law will take various steps to protect the legal rights of victims so they can focus on recovering. Some of the tasks our motorcycle accident attorneys in Jersey City perform for victims include:
- Investigating Accidents: Our motorcycle accident law firm in Jersey City will investigate the scene of the incident. We will uncover critical details in support of claims for victims and hire expert witnesses who can re-create the incident to provide a clearer understanding of the events surrounding and leading up to the accident.
- Determine the Costs of the Accident: Our team of attorneys will gather medical bills, repair statements, and various other documents that demonstrate the amount of damages victims incurred from their accidents. Furthermore, we will take testimony from doctors and other specialists that highlight future care plans to ensure victims get the maximum amount of compensation available to cover the damages resulting from their accidents.
- Communicating with Victims About Their Cases: Our team at Metro Law believes that one of the best ways to ensure victims have a clear understanding of their legal rights and the claims process is by keeping them involved throughout the entire process. Our lawyers will answer any questions for victims and provide detailed information to them to ensure they understand what is going on every step of the way.
- Handling Paperwork: With strict guidelines dictating the time a victim has to file a claim as well as various steps throughout the claims process, it is crucial for victims to work with a team of aggressive and knowledgeable attorneys who will ensure all deadlines are met. Our team will take care of all the paperwork needed for the claims process so victims can focus on their recovery. Will work diligently to ensure all documents and forms are filed on time, so victims can rest assured knowing their legal rights are protected.
- Preparing For Settlements: Our team will build a strong case on behalf of each victim to ensure they get the outcome they expect for their claim. We will demonstrate the level of suffering a victim endures–mentally, physically, and financially, in order to help negotiate a fair and full settlement for their injuries and damages. We will use the information gathered to negotiate full and fair settlements on behalf of victims.
- Taking Cases to Trial: When we are unable to come to a settlement agreement with the at-fault party, we are prepared to take every case to trial. We begin each case as if it’s going to trial to ensure no page goes unturned. We gather adequate and thorough documentation to present in settlement conferences, which can be used to bolster a claim in the courtroom. We will stop at nothing to make sure victims get full and fair compensation for their legal claims.
- Getting Vehicles Repaired: We understand the difficulties victims face after being injured in an accident. For this reason, we work diligently to ensure their vehicles are repaired or replaced in a timely manner. Taking steps to ensure victims are able to get back out on the road quickly helps to ensure they are able to get to their appointments, get to work, and regain some sense of normalcy after an accident.
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, it is crucial that you are able to get the legal representation you can trust. Our Jersey City motorcycle accident lawyers at Metro Law have over four decades of experience helping victims get the justice and compensation they deserve for their legal claims. Contact our law firm today to see how we can assist you.
Why You Should Work with Metro Law
Motorcycle accidents can have a devastating impact on a victim’s life. In many cases, they are forced into hospitals where they have to undergo extensive and painful medical treatment. Oftentimes, victims deal with overwhelming pain and suffering from life-altering injuries that require long-term treatment. Unfortunately, there are countless cases where victims never fully recover and experience a lifetime of pain and suffering. When victims are harmed in horrific accidents, they often endure financial devastation, which makes dealing with mental and physical consequences even more difficult. When victims are harmed in accidents due to the negligent acts of others, it is imperative that they contact a motorcycle accident law firm in Jersey City as soon as possible to ensure their legal rights are protected.
With nearly 50-years of experience, the Jersey City motorcycle accident attorneys at Metro Law have helped thousands of victims get full and fair compensation for their legal claims. Our law firm will stop at nothing to ensure victims are able to get the full and fair settlement for their claims so they can move forward from their accidents and focus on recovery. Our team works diligently to obtain the maximum compensation available under New Jersey law to cover past, present, and future medical costs, as well as any other damages incurred in their accidents so their financial burdens can be relieved. If you were injured in a motorcycle accident due to the negligent acts of others, contact our motorcycle accident attorneys in Jersey City at (973) 344-6587 to explore the legal options available for you.