Large commercial trucks occupy the roads and highways in New Jersey as they travel throughout the state delivering goods from city to city. Delivery trucks play a large role in delivering packages to businesses as well as households in and around New Jersey.
Commercial trucks are a great way to easily transport packages, products, and goods in a timely fashion. However, when one of these large commercial vehicles collide with a much smaller passenger vehicle on one of our busy roads or highways, it can be a disaster. The resulting injuries are often catastrophic in nature and can cause intense life-threatening injuries that will impact you for the rest of your life.
Newark, New Jersey 18 Wheeler Accident Attorney
Accidents involving large semi-trucks or tractor-trailers can happen for a variety of reasons such as bad road conditions, a fatigued driver, a new truck driver, or a mechanical problem. There are many truck accidents that occur because of negligence.
If you or a loved one has experienced a terrifying truck accident that resulted in injuries due to the negligence of another driver, contact our skilled truck accident lawyers at Metro Law to discuss the circumstances surrounding your semi-truck accident. Our attorneys can help make a difference in your life and fight for your legal rights. We will ensure that you get the compensation that you are entitled to for your injuries and losses. We have knowledgeable and compassionate personal injury attorneys who specialize in truck accidents caused by the careless, reckless, or negligent actions of another driver. We have been practicing personal injury law for close to 30 years at Metro Law in Newark and have an impressive success rate. Call us today if you have suffered injuries in a truck accident, so we can evaluate your case and determine if you have the right to pursue a claim for compensation due to your injuries and losses.
New Jersey Tractor Trailer Truck Accidents
Truck accidents occur quite frequently in and around the United States. These massive trucks generally weigh approximately 10 tons or more. That weight only represents the truck’s cab without a loaded trailer attached to the back. When the trailer is fully loaded, the vehicle can weigh upwards of 80,000 lbs. Taking the weight of the trucks in to consideration, it is even more shocking how many trucks are involved in accidents each year – approximately 330,000 trucks. Commercial trucks account for 4 percent of the vehicles on the road. In 2017, there were a total of 270,231 crashes reported to the New Jersey Department of Transportation. Of those crashes, 116,000 involved large trucks.
Sharing the roads and highways with large semi-trucks can be very dangerous as they can cause major damage to the much smaller passenger vehicles and the people who travel in them. If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident that involved a large semi-truck, you should reach out to a highly skilled attorney at Metro Law as soon as possible to discuss your accident and determine how to move forward with your claim. You are entitled to the maximum compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and so much more. The attorneys at Metro Law have been helping the injured victims in and around the state of New Jersey get the compensation they are entitled to and the justice they deserve.
Our dedicated team of truck accident attorneys understand that after you have been injured in a truck accident, you are experiencing an immense amount of pain paired with a wide range of emotions. Feelings of confusion, frustration, and maybe, even a little anger about the accident are common, especially if the accident was caused by someone else’s negligent actions.
If you believe your accident was caused by the careless, reckless, or negligent actions of another individual, talk to one of our attorneys at Metro Law today about filing a personal injury claim. We want to help you if you or someone you love were seriously injured or lost their lives as a result of a truck accident in New Jersey. Contact Metro Law today to speak with an attorney about your personal injury accident and to protect your rights as an injured victim.
Most Commonly Reported Injuries In New Jersey 18 Wheeler Truck Accidents
Semi-truck accidents in New Jersey typically lead to more serious injuries. In the unfortunate event of a truck accident, vehicles that collide with one of these massive trucks are often mangled beyond recognition causing unthinkable damage to the occupants. Some of the more commonly reported injuries that are sustained in a trucking accident in New Jersey are listed below:
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Back and Neck Injuries
- Rib Injuries
- Arm and Leg Injuries
- Chest Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Seat Belt Injuries
- Internal Bleeding
If you or someone you love has experienced any of these injuries as a result of a truck accident that was caused by another person’s carelessness, recklessness, or negligent actions, you may be entitled to compensation for the damages and injuries. Call the dedicated truck accident lawyers today to at Metro Law to find out if you have the right to pursue a claim.
Most Common Types of Tractor Trailer Truck Accidents In New Jersey
There are several types of accidents that involve large commercial trucks. The most commonly reported truck accidents that occur each year in and around New Jersey are listed below:
- Head-on Collisions – This type of accident occurs when a truck driver is involved in a traffic collision where the front ends of both vehicles crash directly into one another in a head-on crash. This type of collision can cause serious life-threatening injuries.
- Truck Rollovers – This type of incident occurs when a truck driver loses control of the truck and it rolls onto its side. In some cases the truck can slide across the entire highway endangering multiple vehicles in the process.
- Jackknife – A jackknife accident is a dangerous situation where the truck’s trailer folds over at its hinge and creates a 90-degree angle with the cab of the truck. The trailer swings out past the truck and causes a collision. These are extremely dangerous accidents for all involved.
- Lost Loads – This occurs when a truck’s freight is not tied down properly onto the truck trailer. Pieces or sections of the load can start to move, shift, or fall off of the truck’s trailer causing danger to other vehicles and motorcyclists sharing the roadway.
- Blind Spots – Blind spots are defined as areas around the truck that drivers can’t see when they look out of any of their mirrors. A collision occurs in this situation when a truck driver attempts to change lanes and doesn’t see a car in the next lane due to the fact that the car was in a blind spot. This puts other cars driving alongside truck in great danger of being hit or pushed off the highway.
- Underride – This type of crash involves a semi-truck stopping abruptly, causing a smaller vehicle to slide underneath the entire bed of semi-truck. These types of collisions are some of the most dangerous accidents that can occur as they can take the roof off of the vehicle instantly resulting in decapitation of driver.
- Tire Blowout – When a tire suddenly deflates, it can result in serious car and truck collisions. This can cause vehicles to swerve off the road, lose control, or roll the entire vehicle.
- T-Bone – This type of crash occurs when the front of a truck collides into the side of another vehicle. These accidents most often occur at intersections when one of the drivers fails to stop. This type of accident can result in very serious life-threatening injuries.
- Rear-End Crashes – Rear-end crashes occur when a large truck or car crashes into the vehicle in front of it. This can happen due to distracted driving or a fatigued driver. These accidents can cause a large amount of property damage as well as catastrophic injuries.
- Wide Turns – Typically an accident involving a wide turn occurs either because a car was trying to pass the truck in it’s blind spot or the truck driver was negligent while making the turn. The driver may not be fully paying attention to the amount of space they need to successfully complete the turn. If the driver cuts the turn too close, they can hit other cars in the process, causing serious damage to other vehicles and occupants.
If you or a family member has been injured as a result of one of the accidents described above and you believe the accident occurred because of another driver’s careless, reckless, or negligent actions on the road, contact the personal injury lawyers at Metro Law today.
Most Common Causes of Truck Accidents In New Jersey
Truck accidents occur for various reasons. The most common causes of truck accidents are negligence of the truck driver, passenger vehicle drivers who share the roadways, and poorly maintained trucks. Many different factors play a role in why a truck accident takes place. Some of the most common factors that are related to truck accidents are listed below:
- Braking Problems
- Poor Road Conditions
- Fatigued Truck Driver
- Distracted Driving
- Unstable Cargo
- Blind Spots
- Lane Drifting
- Reckless Driving
- Impaired Driving
- Substance Abuse
- Improper Training
- Unreasonable Delivery Schedules
- Overloaded Trucks
- Trucking Company Negligence
The truck accident attorneys at Metro Law have the experience, time, and resources needed to help them investigate large semi-truck accidents. Our attorneys know and understand all of the laws in New Jersey pertaining to truck accidents. We also have a thorough understanding of all of the New Jersey Department of Transportation rules and regulations pertaining to trucking laws. We can analyze your accident and fight for your legal rights while you focus on healing from the accident. If you have suffered injuries from a large semi-truck accident, call Metro Law today to schedule a free consultation to determine if you can file a claim for compensation.
Issues Involving Truck Employers In New Jersey Truck Accidents
The truck driver isn’t always to blame when a truck accident occurs. Sometimes, the issues lie within the trucking company and how they maintain their vehicles. It is the employer’s responsibility to make sure the trucks are maintained well and in safe driving condition. Some of the employer issues that may be involved in a truck accident include, but are not limited to:
- Lack of Brake or General Maintenance
- Employing Untrained Drivers
- Violating Aspects of the Safety Inspections
- Transporting Unsecured and Unbalanced Cargo
- Disregarding Federal Safety Guidelines
- Expecting Drivers to Work Unrealistically Long Hours
- Encouraging Employees to Transport Illegal Goods
The dedicated and reputable attorneys at Metro Law want to help you make it through this overwhelming experience. We fully understand that semi-truck accidents can cause intense life-changing injuries. We want you to spend your energy on recovering so you can return back to your daily life activities as soon as possible. We will heavily investigate all aspects of the wrongful actions involved by the truck company. If you or a loved one has been injured in a New Jersey truck accident, contact the lawyers at Metro Law today to discuss your injury accident.
Metro Law Firm Truck Accident Attorney in New Jersey
Truck accidents take place in New Jersey on a daily basis. Don’t wait to seek legal advice about a trucking accident if you have sustained injuries that were caused by another person’s careless, reckless, negligent, or deliberate actions. Protect your legal rights and seek help from a highly trained attorney at Metro Law.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck collision contact Metro Law today. Our attorneys have decades of experience helping injured accident victims in Newark and all surrounding cities and we can help you too. Our attorneys will thoroughly research every aspect of your accident to make sure you receive the compensation you are entitled and the justice that you deserve. We ensure that we will research and determine the full value of your claim. Once a value has been determined, we will handle negotiations on your behalf. We will keep you informed every step of the way and offer strong support. We are here to fight for your rights.
The attorneys at Metro Law want to help you during this overwhelming time. We understand how stressful these situations can be. We also understand the long-term effects that your injuries can have on your life. If your accident was caused by another individual’s carelessness or negligence, reach out to a knowledgeable attorney at Metro Law in order to protect your individual rights as an accident victim. Our attorneys work diligently to represent victims who have been injured in a truck accident.
Our highly skilled attorneys at Metro Law will deal with all aspects of your legal claim so you can focus on your personal health and recovery process. Find out how our attorneys at Metro Law can assist you today. Contact us at (800)-469-6476.