Newark, NJ – 11 Hospitalized Following Carbon Monoxide Poisoning on Evergreen LnNY/NJ Legal News
Newark, NJ (October 17, 2022) – Eleven people were hospitalized on Saturday, October 15th after experiencing carbon monoxide poisoning on Evergreen Lane.
At about 5:40 a.m., police were dispatched to an apartment building on Evergreen Lane in Newark for reports of people passing out.
Upon their arrival, several unconscious people were located inside the building.
Firefighters were able to establish that carbon monoxide was leaking from a furnace, which they turned off.
A total of 11 residents exhibiting symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning were taken to a local hospital for evaluation and treatment.
Our thoughts are with the injured victim and their family at this time. We hope for their full recovery.
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in New Jersey
Anything that uses gas, charcoal, gas, kerosene, or oil as fuel, or has a combustible engine, is capable of producing carbon monoxide. For the most part, these engines only produce tiny amounts of CO. If, however, the fuel’s combustion is incomplete, or a leak is present somewhere in the system, CO can be released.
When CO gas leaks into a poorly ventilated space, those in that area are in danger of carbon monoxide poisoning. Items that can emit CO gas include: Room heaters
- Hot water heaters
- Gas stoves and ovens
- Charcoal burning grills
- Motor vehicles
- Wood burning stoves
A carbon monoxide leak is possible anywhere these items are found. Our New Jersey carbon monoxide poisoning attorneys know that people can be exposed to carbon monoxide leaks in a:
Carbon monoxide poisoning is typically difficult to diagnose. The victim often shows signs of brain damage that are not preceded by any violent or traumatic event. Additionally, initial symptoms mimic those associated with the flu, and, despite widespread misconception, carbon monoxide poisoning does not always result in a loss of consciousness. Other common symptoms include:
- Difficulties with speech
- Loss of hearing or vision
- Nausea/Stomach cramps
- Difficulty breathing
- Heart problems
Sadly, some victims of CO poisoning will experience long-term disabilities and neurological damage.
If you or a family member has been a victim of carbon monoxide poisoning, it is essential to find out the exact cause. A Newark personal injury lawyer will know the most effective methods of conducting a thorough investigation of the circumstances leading up to your accident.
The attorneys at Metro Law work diligently to ensure families have their legal rights protected so they can put the consequences of their preventable accidents behind them. Contact our carbon monoxide poisoning lawyers in New Jersey at (800) 469-6476 to see how we can help you.
Notes: Outside sources were used in the creation of this post including news bulletins and first-hand accounts of the accident and injuries involved. As a result, the details of the accident presented have not been independently verified. If you have identified any false information in the story or would like the post to be removed, please inform us immediately, and we will correct the information or remove the post.
Disclaimer: As a member of the local community, we at Metro Law strive to improve the overall safety and quality of life for everyone who lives in our beloved state. We are extremely saddened by these accidents but hope that through an awareness of these dangers, those in our community will take precautions to avoid these accidents. This is not a solicitation for business, and this information should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. We wish only the best and quickest recovery to all those involved in the accident. The photos depicted in this post are not from the actual accident scene.