Bikini Wax Dangers: What You Should Know
Research provided by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission determined that more than 29.4 million injuries and 21,400 fatalities resulting from defective or unsafe products occur each year. These injuries and fatalities cost families and victims more than $700 billion annually. Over the past decade, we have seen the popularity of the Brazilian bikini wax has soared in the United States exponentially. Unfortunately, the increase in popularity was soon met with an increase in problems.
While many men and women have this cosmetic procedure done, many do not realize that it carries potentially serious health risks. People who receive these services often suffer serious consequences that make it painful and challenging to move forward. If you have been injured, it is imperative that you seek the assistance of our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible.
For more than 40-years, Metro Law has provided aggressive and fearless representation for victims who have been injured in accidents due to the negligence of others. We will stop at nothing to make sure your legal rights are protected. Our New Jersey, and New York-based firm’s attorneys can help determine if the salon or spa was somehow negligent during the procedure and, if so, take appropriate legal action. You may be entitled to compensation.
What are the Dangers of a Bikini Wax?
In March 2009, New Jersey considered banning the Brazilian bikini wax because of two near-fatal infections linked to this procedure. Ultimately, officials decided not to ban it because the procedure can be performed safely. Still, many salons fail to take simple safety precautions that protect their clients from the risk of dangerous infections.
Infections linked to bikini waxes are often caused by the transfer of bacteria into the container of wax. Salons are required to use a new dipping stick every time they reapply wax. When this does not happen, the wax container acts almost as a Petri dish in which bacteria can grow. Then, the same non-sterile wax is used on multiple clients who can contract:
- Staph infections
- Mercer infections
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
- Allergic reactions
Beauty salons and spas must take proper precautions to prevent these infections and diseases. When these businesses are negligent and clients pay the price, they can be held accountable. If you have become sick, required hospitalization or surgery, or been scarred after a botched bikini wax, you may be entitled to compensation.
- Protect yourself:The use of an antibiotic ointment is encouraged after a bikini wax.
- Exfoliate before you go: Before receiving a bikini wax, it can help to exfoliate. It is recommended to exfoliate the night before you go to receive your service or take a warm bath to prepare the skin for the wax service.
- Shower: You will want to make sure your skin is clean for the service.
If you suffer any adverse consequences of a bikini wax service, you must seek legal guidance right away. Our personal injury lawyers in New Jersey and New York are available to meet with you at your earliest convenience to discuss your case.
Other Claims Surrounding Wax Injuries
In addition to bikini wax injuries, we have seen a drastic increase in the number of people injured as a result of waxing incidents on various other parts of their bodies. Some of these claims surrounding incidents like:
- Underarm waxing injuries
- Upper leg waxing injuries
- Lower leg waxing injuries
- Lip waxing injuries
- Lip waxing injuries
- Nipple waxing injuries
Waxing injuries can take various forms. However, they all result in overwhelming pain and suffering for victims. If you have been injured in any type of waxing incident, it is crucial that you seek legal guidance as soon as possible. You may be entitled to compensation that you can use to cover various costs you face moving forward throughout your recovery.
What You Should Do After Being Injured from a Bikini Max
Being injured as a result of a bikini wax may result in shock and horror. Unfortunately, victims involved in these incidents often deal with physical pain and suffering and are overcome by shock. Although it may seem impossible, there are certain things a victim needs to do after being harmed.
First, injured parties should gather the contact information from the owner of the shop and the person who performed their services. If anyone witnessed the incident, you will want to write down their names, phone numbers, and addresses, Even if injuries you suffer seem minor, symptoms for injuries, like infections and cellulitis, can appear after several days and have a debilitating impact on your ability to perform various tasks. If you experience any injuries from a bikini wax, you may be able to contact a personal injury lawyer in your area to get compensation to help cover the costs you face throughout your recovery.
Seek medical attention as soon as possible. You will need to undergo a medical examination and treatment for your injuries. Even if the injuries seem minor, they can quickly turn into life-threatening infections and other health complications. It is imperative for victims to maintain detailed medical records for all doctor and hospital visits as well as copies of bills after being injured.
Finally, you will want to contact a personal injury attorney in New York or New Jersey from Metro Law. Our lawyers are available to meet with you at your earliest convenience to discuss your case and the potential legal options available to help you recover. In some instances, you may be entitled to compensation to help alleviate various costs and burdens resulting from your traumatic experience.
Damages Available For You
For more than four decades, Metro Law has helped victims protect their legal rights to compensation after being harmed due to defective products, negligence, and various types of accidents. Our team has helped countless consumers hold at-fault manufacturers reliable for their injuries and damages. Over the years, we have helped numerous victims collect full and fair compensation for damages like:
- Medical Treatment
- Lost Wages/Earning Capacity
- Pain and Suffering
- Emotional Distress
- Loss of Consortium
- Permanent scarring
- Property Damages
- Punitive Damages
Our personal injury attorneys in New York and New Jersey work diligently to ensure victims are able to recover from their injuries and move forward in the best position possible.
Helping You Build a Strong Case
If you have been injured as a result of a bikini wax, our team will fight to get you justice. Our New Jersey personal injury lawyers will utilize information and evidence from various sources to ensure you have the strongest case possible.
Some of the evidence we will gather while building your case includes:
- Digital Evidence: I am sure you are not the only person who has suffered as a result of a bikini wax. For this reason, we will search the internet high and low for adequate evidence to back your claim. The internet has become a widely utilized source for evidence and information. People who are harmed can use information gathered from the social media pages and websites of the at-fault party. If the service-providing party or any of their friends or families post information online, it can be used against them. It is crucial to note also that your posts and information can be used against you as well.
- Witnesses Testimony: There are instances where witnesses are present at the time of the incident. When injured parties obtain contact information from witnesses, they are able to take statements from them to help present their side of the story regarding what took place. Sometimes, expert witnesses can testify in court on behalf of victims to provide insight into an accident from a third party. It is important to note that any witnesses who provide testimony in court can be cross-examined by the defendant and their attorney.
- Expert Witnesses: Expert witnesses are often hired to provide critical insight as to what took place, how the injuries were caused, and various other details. Expert witnesses are routinely hired to prove accident details, training requirements, and various other facts in legal claims. These individuals are highly educated and can provide intricate details that show just how an injury occurred following a bikini wax.
- Photos and Videos: Pictures and videos can be an extremely beneficial form of evidence when it comes to presenting a bikini wax injury case. Photos that show the resulting injuries and damages can help prove to the court the effects the service has had on you. Although it may be difficult to take photographs immediately after an incident occurs, it can be extremely beneficial if you are able to do so.
- Payment Records: Try to avoid paying for the services you received with cash. If you are forced to pay for the bikini wax service after being injured, you will want a receipt of your payment. Not only will this help you recover the costs you endured through filing a lawsuit, but it will further prove the type of services you received, the date the incident occurred, and other critical information that can be extremely beneficial when it comes to pursuing legal action.
- Manager Contact: You should contact the manager of the salon as soon as possible to let them know about your injuries and what took place. In some instances, you may be able to file an injury claim directly through the manager. By waiting to contact a manager or another person in charge, your run the risk of losing the evidence that you need for your case.
- Medical Reports: Our lawyers will gather medical reports that highlight what injuries you suffer from as a result of using bikini wax. We will provide information to the court surrounding the type of treatment you need for your injuries and the anticipated costs.
You need a strong and reliable legal team by your side while fighting to get justice. Our lawyers at Metro Law have over four decades of experience helping victims protect their legal rights. Contact our personal injury lawyers right away to get started on your case.
Costs of Filing a Bikini Wax Injury Case
At Metro Law, we take all personal injury lawsuits on a contingency basis. This means that you do not need to have any money upfront to pursue legal action against negligent parties. After accepting your claim, our lawyers will get to work on creating the strongest case possible to protect your legal rights and help you recover the compensation you need and deserve.
After we receive a favorable verdict for your claim, our lawyers will retain an agreed-upon percentage of the winnings. If we are not able to recover compensation on your behalf, there is no cost to you.
Do not wait to protect your legal rights. If you have been injured as a result of a bikini wax incident, contact our law firm today to get started on your case.
Our team at Metro Law has over four decades of experience helping victims and their families get the justice and compensation they deserve. Our team understands the detrimental impact that bikini wax injuries can have on a victim. For this reason, we work diligently to help victims collect full and fair compensation for pain and suffering, medical treatment, and more.
Metro Law is one of the few law firms in New York and New Jersey that focuses on representing people who have become sick or injured after a bikini wax. Contact a lawyer in New York or New Jersey at 973-344-6587 if you experienced any dangerous side effects of a bikini wax. We offer a free consultation and are available for evening and weekend appointments.