Personal Injury Lawyers in Jersey City, New Jersey
Every year, thousands of people across New Jersey are injured in accidents. The injuries sustained often require extensive medical treatment. Not only do victims deal with overwhelming pain and suffering, but they are often overcome by financial devastation as well. In some cases, victims are injured in accidents due to the negligent acts of others.
When victims are harmed by others, they are often approached by the insurance companies of those at fault and offered settlements for their injuries. The offers presented aren’t typically enough to cover any of their damages let alone medical treatment and lost wages. Sadly, many victims accept these offers to tend to their immediate financial needs. Victims are often unaware that these settlements prevent them from filing legal claims against those at-fault in the future to obtain further compensation. Rather than accept these offers, it is crucial that victims contact a personal injury attorney in Jersey City as soon as possible to ensure their legal rights are protected.
Over the years, our Jersey City personal injury law firm at Metro Law has extensive experience helping accident victims get the justice and compensation they deserve. Our team will review your claim, hire expert witnesses to help prove critical details surrounding your accident, and fight aggressively to ensure you get the maximum amount of compensation available. If you were injured in an accident, by no fault of your own, contact our personal injury attorneys in Jersey City as soon as possible to explore legal options available for you.
Types of Accidents Covered in Personal Injury Cases in New Jersey
When victims are harmed in accidents due to the negligent or reckless acts of others, it is imperative that they have a skilled and knowledgeable personal injury lawyer in Jersey City by their side to ensure their legal rights are protected. Our team of knowledgeable lawyers at Metro Law has extensive experience helping accident victims with their personal injury claims.
Motor vehicle accidents are the leading cause of accidental injuries in New Jersey. These accidents are often the center of personal injury claims for victims across our state. Our reputable personal injury attorneys in Jersey City have extensive experience helping victims with legal claims surrounding motor vehicle accidents like:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
In addition to motor vehicle accidents, our knowledgeable personal injury law firm in Jersey City has extensive experience helping victims collect full and fair compensation for their legal claims surrounding a plethora of accident types. Our team at Metro Law has helped countless victims get the justice and compensation they deserve for legal claims involving:
- Bicycle Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
- Defective Products
- Medical Malpractice
- Dog Bites
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Construction Accidents
- Premises Liability
When victims are harmed in accidents, by no fault of their own, it is imperative that they have a knowledgeable and aggressive personal injury attorney in Jersey City by their side to ensure their legal rights are protected. Our lawyers are ready and eager to provide legal assistance to victims every step of the way to ensure they get justice for their accidents and injuries.
Types of Compensation Available to Injury Victims
When individuals are harmed in accidents throughout New Jersey, they may be entitled to compensation to cover various financial burdens resulting from the incident. Our team of reputable Jersey City personal injury attorneys at Metro Law is dedicated to helping accident victims get full and fair compensation for the damages resulting from their accidents. Over the years, we have helped countless victims harmed in accidents, due to the negligent acts of others, collect the maximum amount of compensation available for damages, including:
- Medical Bills: Our team at Metro Law is dedicated to helping victims get full and fair compensation to cover the costs of surgery, testing, medication, and various other medical bills resulting from their accidents. Our team will gather and review documents related to your medical treatment to ensure you get the maximum amount of compensation available to cover the costs.
- Long-Term Care: In some cases, accident victims have to go through long-term treatment. Whether a victim has to stay in a nursing home, undergo repeated surgeries, utilize medical devices or medications, or receive other care long-term, we are dedicated to helping them get the maximum amount of compensation available to cover these costs.
- Physical Therapy: Depending on the types of injuries sustained by victims, they may be forced to undergo physical therapy. Whether a victim needs to go through occupational therapy, physical therapy, or other types of therapy, we are dedicated to helping them obtain the compensation they need to cover the costs of all their treatment.
- Lost Wages: When individuals are injured in accidents, they often have to take time off work for medical treatment, appointments, and to recover. Our team of skilled and knowledgeable personal injury law firm in Jersey City helps those harmed calculate the total amount of hourly wages lost in order to collect them from the at-fault party.
- Lost Future Earnings: There are some cases in which victims are forced out of work indefinitely due to their injuries. In these cases, our team at Metro Law works with skilled and knowledgeable financial experts who can calculate the true amount of lost earnings sustained by the victim over their lifetime. These experts take into consideration various factors like a victim’s level of education, chances of promotion, industry, and other factors that contribute to their earnings.
- Pain and Suffering: When victims are harmed in accidents, they often suffer overwhelming mental and physical pain and suffering. Accidents can have a negative impact on a victim’s ability to perform various tasks as well as their level of enjoyment. For this reason, we work diligently to help victims collect the maximum amount of compensation to cover their overwhelming mental and physical pain and suffering.
- Wrongful Death: When victims end up passing away as a result of their injuries, our team of reputable injury accident attorneys in Jersey City help their families collect the maximum amount of compensation for funeral arrangements, burial services, and other costs and damages resulting from a loved one’s fatal accident.
- Punitive Damages: When victims are harmed in accidents due to the extreme negligence of another person, we help them collect the maximum amount of punitive damages available. These awards do not compensate a victim for any loss in particular. Instead, courts assess punitive damages against those at-fault as a form of punishment and a deterrent to future egregious behavior. Working with a reputable personal injury lawyer in Jersey City will ensure your petition for punitive damages amounts to the maximum amount of punitive damages available.
If you were harmed in an accident, by no fault of your own, it is crucial that you contact a skilled and knowledgeable personal injury law firm in Jersey City who can aggressively fight on your behalf to ensure your legal rights are protected. Contact Metro Law today to explore legal options available for you.
Common Types of injuries in Personal Injury Cases
Victims who are involved in accidents can sustain an array of injuries. Sadly, the injuries victims sustain can have a devastating impact on their mental and physical well-being. In many cases, victims have to undergo extensive treatment for their injuries and spend weeks or even months in recovery. Over the years, our Jersey City personal injury attorneys at Metro Law have helped countless victims get full and fair compensation for the injuries sustained in their accidents. Some of the most common injuries we help victims with include:
- Bruises and Swelling: When victims are involved in accidents, they often sustain bruising and swelling. Depending on the type of accident a person is involved in, they may sustain serious bruising that lasts for several weeks.
- Broken Bones: No matter what type of accident a victim is involved in, they are at serious risk of sustaining broken bones. Ankles, arms, wrists, and legs are some of the most commonly broken bones on the body. In some cases, victims can suffer minor sprains or serious compound fractions that require surgeries and months to recover from.
- Lacerations: When victims are involved in accidents, they are at risk of suffering lacerations. In some accidents, objects are flying around and strike victims. These lacerations can require stitches or stapling and can result in serious and permanent scarring. Not only do victims suffering overwhelming physical consequences from these injuries, but sometimes they suffer mental and emotional consequences as well.
- Internal Injuries: Internal injuries are common in accidents where victims are met with extreme force. Motor vehicle accidents, slip and fall accidents, and even construction accidents can result in serious internal injuries. If these injuries are left without treatment, they can be fatal. In many cases, victims have to undergo immediate life-saving surgery for their injuries.
- Neck and Shoulder Injuries: Neck and shoulder injuries can be devastating. To make matters even worse, some of these injuries have delayed onsets, so victims are unaware of their true impacts until several days after their accidents. These injuries can result in overwhelming pain and suffering and can drastically limit a victim’s ability to perform various tasks.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Spinal cord injuries can have a devastating impact on a victim’s life. In some cases, spinal cord injuries can result in temporary paralysis and extreme limitations on motions and movements. In other cases, victims experience permanent disabilities and are unable to control their arms, legs, or other areas of their bodies. These injuries are extremely devastating and can force victims to use care providers for the remainder of their lives. Spinal cord injuries can be extremely painful and can completely alter a victim’s lifestyle.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: Traumatic brain injuries often require extensive medical treatment. In some cases, victims deal with overwhelming pain and suffering. These injuries come with both short-term and long-term consequences. In some cases, victims suffer hearing and vision loss. Other victims lose the ability to speak and suffer memory loss. Sadly, traumatic brain injuries can have a devastating impact on a victim’s life and cause them to suffer motor skill impairments. These injuries often result in the need for extensive medical treatment. It is crucial for victims to work with a skilled and reputable personal injury attorney in New Jersey to ensure they get the maximum amount of compensation available for their claims.
When victims are injured in accidents, it is crucial that they contact an injury lawyer in Jersey City to ensure their legal rights are protected. Victims may be entitled to compensation to help alleviate the financial burdens resulting from their accidents. Working with a reputable attorney from Metro Law will ensure that you get the justice and compensation you deserve for your claim.
Legal Help After Suffering an Accident in New Jersey
Every year, over 60,000 people are injured in car accidents across New Jersey while thousands more are injured in non-traffic-related incidents. These accidents can have a devastating impact on the lives of those involved. When victims are harmed in accidents, they are often forced to undergo extensive medical treatment for their injuries. Not only is the medical treatment they need extensive and painful but it is expensive as well. Unfortunately, an overwhelming number of victims are injured in accidents as the result of another person’s negligent or reckless actions. When victims are harmed by others, it is crucial that they contact an injury lawyer in Jersey City to ensure their legal rights are protected.
Our Jersey City personal injury attorneys at Metro Law have over four decades of experience helping thousands of accident victims get the maximum amount of compensation available for their legal claims. Our law firm will work diligently to review claims for victims, consult with and hire expert witnesses, and take various steps toward ensuring those harmed get the justice and compensation they deserve. If you were injured in an accident, due to the reckless or negligent acts of another person, contact our personal injury attorneys in Jersey City at (973) 344-6587 to explore legal options available for you.