Elizabeth, New Jersey Medical Malpractice Attorney
Every day, people throughout New Jersey put their lives in the hands of medical professionals. Physicians and other medical professionals are held to a strict medical code of ethics. Due to their extensive medical training, we trust medical professionals will provide us with accurate diagnoses and treatments. Patients perform due diligence in selecting a medical professional who they believe are well-qualified to ensure they receive valuable input and services. There are many instances where individuals fail to receive the level of care and consideration they expected to receive from the selected medical professionals. There are numerous cases where medical providers are careless and reckless while providing care or treatment to patients. These incidents can lead to life-long pain and suffering and disfiguring injuries.
Individuals who endure injuries as a result of a medical professional’s negligent or reckless actions are often forced to bear overwhelming mental, physical, and emotional consequences. Unfortunately, medical mishaps can cost victims several thousands of dollars in damages related to further medical treatment and lost wages. When patients suffer injuries at the hands of negligent medical professionals, it is imperative that they get the justice they deserve. Those harmed by careless medical professionals deserve full and fair compensation for these devastating situations.
For over four decades, our team at Metro Law has helped countless victims collect the maximum amount of compensation attainable for the damages resulting from their traumatic experiences of medical malpractice. Our attorneys will review your claim, consult with and hire expert witnesses to prove critical details surrounding your claim, and take the steps necessary to ensure you get the maximum amount of compensation available for your claim. Contact our Elizabeth medical malpractice attorneys at Metro Law to schedule a free case evaluation and explore legal options available for you.
What is Medical Malpractice in Elizabeth, New Jersey?
Medical malpractice is a term used to describe situations in which patients are subjected to mental or physical injuries as a result of a medical provider’s negligent or reckless actions. In some cases, victims end up with life-altering injuries due to a medical provider acting negligently while providing them care or treatment. When victims suffer under these circumstances, they are able to file a legal claim against the negligent provider. These lawsuits allow victims to recover compensation to assist in alleviating some of their financial damages as a result of the actions or inactions from a medical professional.
Sadly, the negligent or reckless actions of medical professionals can be life-threatening for patients. Every year, thousands of individuals suffer at the hands of negligent surgeons, doctors, nurses, and various other medical professionals. These individuals often require further medical treatment for their injuries and damages and they are often left with excruciating mental and physical pain and suffering. For this reason, it is crucial that those harmed contact a medical malpractice attorney in Elizabeth as soon as possible to explore legal options available to them.
When patients file legal claims for medical malpractice, it is imperative that they provide evidence that meets the burden of proof. Victims must present adequate evidence to demonstrate what the acceptable standard of care is and how the medical provider who treated them failed to provide this level of quality care. Filing a successful legal claim enables those harmed to collect compensation to help cover the mental, physical, and financial consequences they face from their incidents. Working with a knowledgeable and aggressive Elizabeth medical malpractice attorney from Metro Law will ensure victims collect the maximum amount of compensation available for their claims and help them get the justice they deserve.
Cases Metro Law Handles for Victims in Elizabeth, New Jersey
With over four decades of experience, our Elizabeth personal injury attorneys at Metro Law have helped countless victims hold negligent parties accountable so they can collect the maximum amount of compensation available for their legal claims. Our team of reputable and knowledgeable medical malpractice attorneys in Elizabeth work diligently to ensure victims collect the maximum amount of compensation attainable for their lawsuits against negligent medical professionals. Our attorneys at Metro Law have earned a reputation for providing aggressive and reliable legal representation to victims with even some of the most complex legal claims. Some of the types of medical malpractice claims we have helped victims collect full and fair compensation for include cases such as:
- Informed Consent: This type of lawsuit surrounds instances where patients provide consent for a specific procedure only to receive a completely different procedure. For example, patients will consent to have a right knee replacement and wake up having undergone a left knee replacement. Not only do these patients suffer irreversible consequences, but now they have to undergo a second surgery for the procedure that was actually needed and approved. In other cases, patients are not notified about the facts and circumstances surrounding the procedures they will be undergoing.
- Post-Operative Infections: There are numerous instances where patients go through surgical procedures and treatments that require them to stay in the hospital or a rehabilitation facility for several days or weeks to recover. When patients are required to stay in these facilities, they are provided treatment by various degrees of medical professionals. When providers are negligent, they can suffer serious and life-threatening infections due to inadequate wound care.
- Anesthesia Malpractice: Individuals who undergo surgery often rely on anesthesia. Unfortunately, there are countless cases where patients suffer adverse reactions to this medication either due to adverse reactions from a person’s systems or improper dosage by the anesthesiologists or nurse anesthetists. In some cases, victims who are subjected to anesthesia malpractice are left with excruciating pain and suffering, which can have serious life-altering mental and emotional consequences. Sadly, due to the sensitivity of administering anesthesia, reckless or negligent actions on behalf of the medical professional put patients at risk of brain damage or death.
- Birth Injuries: When medical professionals do not exercise the proper standards of care with patients during the delivery process, they place both the lives of the unborn children and their expecting mothers at risk. These injuries often result in brain damage, nerve damage, or death.
- Cerebral Palsy: When medical professionals do not adhere to the proper standards of medical care during childbirth, their actions or inactions place babies at risk of incurring life-altering and permanent injuries. In some instances, victims sustain permanent brain damage that requires ongoing and costly medical treatment for the rest of their life.
- Erb’s Palsy: These birth injuries are the result of babies being improperly delivered by impatient and negligent doctors. When the baby’s shoulders get stuck on the mother’s pelvic bone, it can lead to permanent impairments and nerve damage. These injuries can dramatically impact a child’s ability to use their arms for the rest of their lives.
- Misdiagnosis of Cancer: When medical professionals do not properly diagnose cancer in a timely and accurate manner, those suffering these conditions may experience worsening symptoms. A misdiagnosis can result in the untimely treatment of cancer, ultimately leading to cancer spreading, which could have been treatable but would then be fatal.
- Failure to Diagnose/Misdiagnosis: When individuals suffering from certain ailments are not diagnosed accurately, or not diagnosed with illnesses they have at all, they can suffer worsening symptoms. Sadly, this is the most common type of medical malpractice patients experience here in New Jersey. These negligent acts can threaten a patient’s ability to acquire the care and treatment they need making a treatable and survivable illness now deadly.
- Hospital Malpractice: When patients seek medical attention, it can be critical and life-threatening if they do not receive an accurate diagnosis or proper care in a timely manner. Sadly, there are countless cases where patients do not receive the care they expect. In some instances, patients can suffer devastating consequences from inaccurate or missed diagnoses, which can result in further injuries or even death for the patient.
- Medical Negligence: When doctors and other care professionals do not give patients the undivided attention they need and deserve, patients are at risk for suffering adverse consequences. These negligent and reckless actions can and often do result in irreversible injuries and damages to patients. When medical professionals are careless, they can be held liable for their actions or inactions and the resulting injuries and damages.
- Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect: Countless families throughout New Jersey rely on medical professionals in nursing homes and care facilities to provide care for their loved ones who can longer provide the needed care for themselves. Patients who are recovering from serious injuries, as well as elderly individuals, may require 24-hour care that their families are not trained or able to provide. Therefore, we trust medical professionals to provide the care needed to our loved ones. Sadly, there are countless instances where patients are neglected and their needs ignored while under the care of medical professionals.
- Plastic Surgery Malpractice: In most cases, patients undergo plastic surgery to correct an issue they have or improve on an area of their body with which they are not comfortable. Regardless of whether a victim suffers from widespread scarring or they require corrective surgery after losing a substantial amount of weight, it is crucial that they receive quality care from medical professionals. These complex surgeries require medical professionals to follow strict standards as negligent actions can result in disfigurements, permanent scarring, or death for patients.
- Prescription Error: Millions of patients across our state use medications on a daily basis. This type of treatment is often used to treat or maintain issues or illnesses. There are numerous cases where patients are given the wrong medications, unsuitable dosages, or medications that interact with other medications they are already taking. Individuals who do not take the medication they need, do not take them as prescribed, and patients who are given medications they do not need, can endure irreversible injuries or life-threatening consequences.
When patients incur injuries or damages due to negligent and reckless medical professionals, it is crucial that they contact a medical malpractice attorney in Elizabeth as soon as possible. Victims may be able to receive compensation to help alleviate the injuries and damages incurred from their devastating experiences.
How a Medical Malpractice Attorney in Elizabeth, New Jersey Can Help You
Our attorneys at Metro Law, understand the difficulties victims and their families face after suffering at the hands of negligent medical professionals. Victims subjected to these mentally and physically painful experiences often endure overwhelming financial burdens. Because of this, our medical malpractice attorneys in Elizabeth work aggressively to ensure victims get the justice and compensation they deserve.
Our Elizabeth medical malpractice attorneys will investigate your claim for you. We work diligently to gather medical records, consult with and hire expert witnesses, and take the necessary steps to ensure a solid claim is presented on your behalf. We aggressively negotiate full and fair settlements to ensure you are able to cover the financial consequences you endure from your incident so you can move forward from these unimaginable experiences.
Not only is it crucial for victims to get the justice they deserve for their traumatic and devastating experiences, but our knowledgeable attorneys at Metro Law help victims collect the maximum amount of compensation attainable for their claims. We wholeheartedly believe injured patients deserve to recover from their experiences. Some of the most common types of damages our medical malpractice attorneys in Elizabeth help victims collect include compensation for:
- All past, current, and future medical expenses
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Mental anguish resulting from these traumatic experiences
- Lost wages resulting from appointments, extended recoveries, and other medical reasons
- Lost earning capacity in cases where victims are forced out of work indefinitely
- Loss of consortium in cases where victims suffer familial damages and various other side effects
Our aggressive and knowledgeable attorneys at Metro Law understand the challenges victims face after suffering at the hands of negligent and reckless medical professionals. Although we cannot take away the mental, physical, and emotional pain and suffering victims endure, we strive to help victims obtain the financial resources necessary to help alleviate the costs for the care they need as well as other financial burdens endured. Contact our medical malpractice attorneys in Elizabeth to see how we can help you.
Why Work with Metro Law
Individuals who sustain devastating consequences as a result of negligent and reckless acts of medical professionals often suffer debilitating mental, emotional, and physical pain and suffering. Many victims require further medical treatment which is extremely expensive. When patients endure injuries in these horrific situations, it is crucial that they reach out to a medical malpractice attorney in Elizabeth immediately. Working with a reputable and aggressive attorney from Metro Law will ensure they get the justice and compensation they deserve.
With over 40-years of combined experience, our attorneys at Metro Law strive to help injured patients move forward from their accidents. Our medical malpractice attorneys in Elizabeth work diligently to ensure victims get the maximum amount of compensation available to cover lost wages, further medical expenses, pain and suffering, and other damages resulting from their injuries. If you suffered injuries during a medical procedure, or while under the care of a medical professional, contact our medical malpractice attorneys in Elizabeth at (973) 344-6587 to see how we can assist you.