Personal injury accidents happen every day throughout the state of New Jersey. Dealing with the aftermath of a personal injury accident can be a very stressful and overwhelming experience. Personal injury accidents can cause injuries that range from minor bruises to intense life-threatening injuries. A personal injury accident could lead to expensive medical bills, lost wages, pain, and other damages.
Personal Injury Lawyers Newark NJ
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident caused by the careless or negligent actions of another person, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and losses. Contact a highly trained personal injury attorney at Metro Law today to discuss your accident and determine if you have the right to pursue a personal injury lawsuit.
The attorneys at Metro Firm are incredibly knowledgeable in all areas of New Jersey personal injury law. They handle all types of personal injury cases on a daily basis. Our hard-working lawyers will listen attentively to your story to determine if you can file a claim for your losses. They will evaluate your entire personal injury accident and ensure all aspects are considered before filing the appropriate offer. Our job at Metro Law is to fight for the legal rights of our clients in and around Newark who have been injured due to the negligence of another individual.
Most Common Types of Personal Injury Accidents in New Jersey
Metro law covers a wide variety of different personal injury claims in New Jersey. The most common personal injury accidents reported in New Jersey include the following types of accidents:
- Car Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- DUI Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Tractor-Trailer Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- School Bus Accidents
- Railroad Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Aviation Accidents
- Medical Malpractice Newark
- Injury from a Defective Product
An accident can occur at anytime in Newark causing injuries of all types. These injuries can range from minor bruises to life-threatening injuries. If you have been injured in an accident or someone you love has lost their lives as the result of an accident that was caused by the negligent actions of another party, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and losses. Contact the dedicated and knowledgeable personal injury attorneys at Metro Law to discuss your accident today and determine if you have a right to file a personal injury lawsuit.
Most Common Injuries Reported in Newark New Jersey Due to Personal Injury Accidents
There are a wide variety of injuries that can occur from personal injury accidents. The most commonly reported injuries in New Jersey are the following:
- Lacerations: This type of injury includes cuts, bruises, and scrapes of any size that occur from an injury accident.
- Head Injuries: A head injury can be extremely serious. An injury to the head disrupts the normal function of the brain and usually results from a sudden jolt, a direct hit to an individual’s head, or a wound that penetrates the head. These types of injuries are referred to as traumatic brain injuries and can have permanent effects on the injured victim.
- Chest Injuries: This type of injury typically involves strained chest muscles or bruised ribs. A more serious chest injury would include a broken sternum or internal bleeding. These injuries also include internal injuries to different organs in the body and can be life-threatening for victims.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: A spinal cord injury is classified as any direct hit to the spinal cord that damages nerves in the spinal canal. It also typically results in permanent changes in sensation, strength, and control of bodily functions. Victims often suffer from complete or partial paralysis.
- Arm Injuries: This type of injury includes minor scrapes bruises or sprains to the arm. More serious arm injuries involve a broken humerus bone or broken wrist due to intense impact.
- Leg Injuries: This type of injury includes minor strains and bruises to any part of the leg. These types of injuries include damage to a hip, knee, or more serious leg injuries include a broken femur or broken tibia.
- Neck Injuries: This type of injury typically deals with neck muscles that have been strained. These injuries are often referred to as “hyperflexion” or “hyperextension”, but are more commonly referred to as whiplash. They are considered to be “soft tissue injuries.”
- Burn Injuries: A burn injury can result in a variety of ways. Burns can be caused by heat, electricity, radiation, friction, chemicals, or the cold. A majority of burns occur from hot liquids, solids, or fire. Burns are classified into three categories including first, second, and third-degree burns.
- Broken Bones: These types of injuries occur by the force of a crash, a fall, or an external object. The most common broken bones during a car crash are the femur, neck bones, ribs, pelvis, and ankle bones.
- Muscle Tears: This injury occurs from a strong force jolting into a specific body part. Muscle tears cause weakness in the joint and bruising, swelling, or redness can occur due to the injury.
Types of Personal Injury Claims
New Jersey recognizes many different personal injury claims involving car accidents, medical malpractice, and more. If you or a loved one has been affected by one of the following incidents, reach out to our attorneys at Metro Law to seek professional help.
Car accidents occur daily in and around the state of New Jersey. If you or a loved one has been injured due to the careless, reckless, or negligent actions of another driver in Newark or a surrounding area, don’t hesitate to call our knowledgeable and experienced car accident attorneys at Metro Law. Our reputable and skilled attorneys will stand up for your legal rights. Our attorneys have experience in a plethora of cases, including:
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- DUI Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Semi-Truck accidents
- Railroad Accidents
- School Bus Accidents
Construction Site Accidents in Newark
Have you ever been injured at work? If your answer is yes, then you may be entitled to worker’s compensation benefits. Unfortunately, workers compensation may not cover all of your costly medical bills. This can be very stressful and overwhelming when you are recovering from an injury and unable to work. Contact an attorney at Metro Law to see if you qualify for an additional personal injury claim, after your construction site accident. Our attorneys will support you and investigate your case to find the best possible outcome. Some eligible construction site personal injury claims include:
- Hit by an object
- Scaffolding Accidents
- Caught in-between Objects
- Unsafe Equipment
- OSHA Violations
- Slip and Falls
- Ladder Accidents
- Machinery and Power Tool Accidents
- Motor-Vehicle Accidents
- Musculoskeletal Disorders
We put a lot of trust into our medical providers to offer the best care to patients during both emergency and non-emergency situations. Sadly, in some situations negligence can occur and cause serious life-threatening injuries. Fortunately, for all patients, there are medical malpractice laws that protect individuals from negligent or careless behavior from doctors, nurses, medical technicians, and surgeons. Some very common causes of medical malpractice include:
- Surgical Errors
- Anesthesia Errors
- Failure to Obtain Consent
- Improper Testing
- Missed or Inadequate Diagnosis
- Lack of Training and Experience
- Improper Administration of Medication
Even a minor mistake in the medical field can change a person’s life drastically. If you have been injured due to medical malpractice, contact our dedicated medical malpractice attorneys at Metro Law to discuss your legal rights. Our attorneys will fight for your rights and stand up to the medical personnel.
Premises Liability Injuries
Properties may have defects and dangerous conditions that you are unaware of when you decide to visit. You don’t go to a home or business expecting to suffer an injury on the property, but it can and does happen. A lawsuit for premises liability ensures that the property owner is held responsible for any injuries or damages resulting from an accident that occurred on that business owner’s or individual’s property. It is the responsibility of the owner to provide a safe environment for all guests regardless if the property is public or private. Metro Law covers a wide-range of premises liability claims, including:
- Ice and Snow Accidents
- Poorly Maintained Property
- Escalator and Elevator Accidents
- Defective Areas on the Property
- Inadequate Security
- Slip-and-Fall Injuries
- Swimming Pool Accidents
- Toxic Chemicals or Fumes
- Flooding or Water Leaks
- Amusement Park Accidents
- Dog Bites
If you or someone you love has been injured in a premises liability accident, it is crucial that you speak to a personal injury lawyer who knows and understands all of the laws pertaining to premises liability accidents in Newark and throughout the state of New Jersey as soon as possible. Contact Metro Law today to find out if you have the right to pursue a claim.
Nursing Home Negligence
There are many nursing homes that provide extremely good care for individuals who are in need. However, nursing home abuse and neglect is a larger problem that people realize.
When you make the difficult decision to place your elderly parent, spouse, or other ailing family member in a nursing home, you do so to ensure that they receive the very best care possible. This decision is usually made because the elderly loved one is no longer able to care for themselves adequately. When they are abused or neglected by the very same facility that you entrusted with their care, you need the assistance of a lawyer who can stand up and protect the rights of the elderly victim. Your loved one may be unable to stand up for themselves against the abuser or explain the situation correctly. Types of nursing home abuse and neglect include the following:
- Financial Abuse
- Physical Abuse
- Sexual Abuse
- Verbal Abuse
- Emotional and Psychological Abuse
- Neglect by Failing to Provide Life Essentials
Sometimes the nursing home employees intentionally fail to deliver proper care to their patients. Since some of the nursing home residents have physical and mental limitations, family members often are put into a position of filing claims against the abusers and the nursing homes involved. The attorneys at Metro Law in Newark will work to investigate and uncover all of the facts surrounding cases like this. If you see any signs of your loved one being mistreated or suspect that they are being neglected or abused while residing in a nursing home, call Metro Law immediately. We will stand up for what is right and ensure that your elderly loved one’s rights are protected.
A bicycle accident can change your life in the blink of an eye. Many individuals in the state of New Jersey utilize bicycles as an economical mode of transportation, a form of physical activity, or for recreational use. Bicyclists are afforded very little protection when sharing the roadways with much larger passenger vehicles and trucks.
Riders have only a bike helmet for protection against vehicles that outweigh them by thousands of pounds. If an accident occurs,cyclists have minimal time to react and nowhere to turn. If you have been involved in a Newark bicycle accident, contact Metro Law today for a consultation about your accident. We will protect your legal rights and ensure that you get fairly and fully compensated for your injuries and losses.
Personal injury accidents take place in New Jersey on a daily basis. Don’t wait to seek legal advice about any personal injury matter if you have sustained injuries that were caused by another person’s careless, reckless, negligent, or deliberate actions. Protect your legal rights and seek help from a highly trained personal injury attorney at Metro Law.
Our attorneys will thoroughly research every aspect of your accident to make sure you receive the compensation you are entitled and the justice that you deserve. We want to ensure that we determine the full value of your claim and then we will negotiate the terms of a settlement on your behalf. We will keep you informed every step of the way and offer strong support. We are here to fight for your rights.
The Newark attorneys at Metro Law want to help you during this overwhelming time. We understand how stressful these situations can be as well as the long term effects they could have on your life. We are aware that this could cause a huge financial burden in your life and we want to help you. If your accident was caused by another individual’s carelessness or negligence, reach out to a knowledgeable personal injury attorney at Metro Law to protect your individual rights as an accident victim. Our attorneys work diligently to represent the victims of personal injury accidents and utilize unique tactics, which lead to successful results.
Our personal injury attorneys at Metro Law will deal with all aspects of your legal claim so you can focus on your personal health and recovery process. Find out how our personal injury attorneys at Metro Law can assist you today. Contact us at (800)-469-6476.