What Documents Will Help Me Win My New York Truck Accident ClaimNY/NJ Legal News
As with any type of personal injury case, hard evidence is the way to seeing a successful outcome to your New York truck accident claim. While your personal injury attorney is able to collect the majority of this proof without any leg work on your end, you could help expedite the legal process by gathering and bringing any pertinent paperwork with you to your first interview.
Documents That Contribute to Your Truck Accident Claim
- The police report
- Medical records
- Diagnostic images
- Hospital bills
- Photographs of any visible injuries
- Personal injury journal entries
- Pharmacy receipts
- Home care invoices
- Financial documentation such as income tax returns, 1099s, pay stubs, and statements from financial institutions, which your attorney might use to calculate lost income
- Quotes or invoices for property repairs
- Receipts for alternative transportation and other expenses related to your injury
- Photographs of the crash scene
- The trucker’s name, phone number, and employment information
- The names, phone numbers, and insurance details of any other motorists involved
- The names and phone numbers of any eyewitnesses
Extra Paperwork That Can Benefit Your Truck Accident Claim
Your attorney can take the necessary steps to obtain documents and evidence that might be difficult to access such as:
- Arrest records (if any arrests were made at the scene)
- Cell phone records
- Black box data
- Driver’s logs
- Maintenance logs
- Weight station records
- Tollbooth receipts
If any of this evidence is withheld, your attorney can file a subpoena to obtain it. Each truck accident claim is unique, so the types of evidence needed to prevail can vary from one case to the next. An experienced personal injury attorney who has successfully handled these claims will know the kinds of evidence to compile and how to use that evidence to give your case the best possible chance of success.
If you or a member of your family has been injured in a vehicle collision, the car accident attorneys here at Metro Law are able to help you. We have the experience and the tenacity that you will need on your side if you want to obtain the full amount of financial remuneration to which New York state law says you are entitled.
With a comprehensive understanding of the labyrinth that is New York’s legal system, our skilled personal injury attorneys understand exactly what needs to be done to reach a lucrative end to your case. We pride ourselves on our outstanding and distinguished reputations and the abundance of legal experience that we have acquired throughout our careers.
If you have recently been injured due to the negligence of another driver, then we strongly urge you to reach out to a qualified personal injury attorney by giving us a call at (800) 469-6476 and scheduling an appointment for a free case evaluation so that we can advise you on the best course of legal action for your situation.