Car Accident Lawyer in Jersey City, New Jersey
Statistics show that more than 60,000 people are injured in motor vehicle accidents across New Jersey each year. These accidents often cause devastating injuries that require extensive medical treatment. In many cases, victims are forced out of work for several weeks or even months while having to spend thousands of dollars on medical treatment.
Unfortunately, many victims are injured in collisions as a result of another driver’s negligent and reckless actions. When victims are harmed by others, they are often approached by the at-fault party’s insurance company and made a settlement offer for their injuries. These offers are frequently barely enough to cover any damages, let alone the costs related to medical treatments and lost wages. Rather than accepting these offers, it is crucial that victims contact an auto accident attorney in Jersey City as soon as possible to ensure their legal rights are protected.
Over the years, Metro Law’s car accident lawyers in Jersey City have helped thousands of victims harmed in motor vehicle accidents collect full and fair compensation for their claims. Our law firm will review claims for victims, consult with and hire expert witnesses whenever necessary, and take various steps toward ensuring that the legal rights of victims are protected. Contact our law firm today to see how we can help you.
Why You Should Hire a Law Firm After a Jersey City Car Wreck
Individuals who are harmed in auto accidents benefit immensely by contacting a car accident law firm in Jersey City. These legal professionals work diligently to ensure those harmed are fully and fairly compensated for the injuries and damages sustained in their accidents.
Our team at Metro Law understands the difficulties victims face after being injured in an auto accident. Sadly, insurance companies frequently only have their best interests in mind. For this reason, they rush victims and offer lowball settlements to ensure victims sign away their legal rights to compensation in the future.
It is crucial that victims harmed in car accidents contact a Jersey City car accident attorney at Metro Law as soon as possible. Our team of aggressive and knowledgeable lawyers works diligently to help accident victims protect their legal rights.
Our law firm provides extensive services to victims to ensure their claims are handled in the most professional, accurate, and reliable manner possible. Some of the services our law firm provides for victims include:
- Investigating accidents and gathering evidence in support of claims
- Gathering documents and information to determine the true cost of the accidents
- Communicating consistently and thoroughly with victims about their legal claims
- Handling paperwork to ensure all petitions and paperwork is filed on time and accurately
Our attorneys will aggressively negotiate a full and fair settlement on behalf of victims to ensure they get the maximum amount of compensation available. When we are unable to arrive at a settlement agreement with the respondent, we are ready and willing to take cases to trial to ensure victims get the justice and compensation they deserve.
Furthermore, our auto accident lawyers in Jersey City work diligently to help those harmed obtain the compensation they need to repair or replace their vehicles so they can get back out on the road and regain some sense of normalcy as quickly as possible. Contact our car accident law firm in Jersey City today to see how we can help you.
Causes of Motor Vehicle Accidents in Jersey City
There are countless reasons why motor vehicle accidents occur across New Jersey. Unfortunately, a large percentage of accidents occur due to the negligent or reckless acts of others. Some of the most common causes of auto accident claims we help victims with involve:
- Distracted Drivers: Drivers who are engaged in other activities while operating their vehicles are more likely to crash into others. Some drivers may be eating, drinking, conversing with others in the vehicle, or using their cellphones. These activities are extremely dangerous as they take attention away from drivers who should be focusing on the road.
- Driving Under the Influence: Drivers who consume alcohol or use drugs before driving are likely to be involved in motor vehicle accidents. Using drugs or alcohol can drastically slow a person’s reaction time and make it difficult for them to remain in control of their vehicles.
- Product Liability: Product liability can cause motor vehicle accidents. Although uncommon, there are many cases where drivers suffer brake failure, acceleration issues, and other problems while operating their vehicles. Defective or malfunctioning parts and products can cause devastating collisions.
- Driving Conditions: Unsafe and unfamiliar roadways can be extremely dangerous. Individuals driving on wet or snow-covered surfaces may have problems maintaining control of their vehicles. These drivers may have problems stopping, turning, and staying in their lanes.
- Reckless Driving Behaviors: Sadly, a large percentage of motor vehicle collisions occur due to the reckless and negligent acts of drivers. Drivers who speed, fall asleep while driving, switch lanes without signaling, and conduct other reckless behaviors are at an increased risk of losing control of their vehicles and crashing into others.
When victims are harmed in collisions due to the reckless and negligent acts of others, it is imperative that they contact a car accident attorney in Jersey City to ensure their legal rights are protected.
Steps to Take After a Motor Vehicle Accident
When individuals are harmed in motor vehicle accidents in New Jersey, it is crucial that they take the necessary steps to ensure their health and well-being are protected. Furthermore, taking the required steps will ensure victims have the best chances of collecting compensation for their injuries and damages in the future. When victims are harmed in motor vehicle accidents, due to the negligent acts of others, they should take the following steps to ensure they are safe and protected:
- Contact Information: It is crucial to collect contact information from everyone involved in the accident. You will want to collect the names, contact information, and insurance information from everyone whose vehicles were in the accident.
- Take Pictures: After the information is collected, it is crucial to take photographs of the scene of the incident. You should take photographs of the vehicles involved, the impact of the collision, the road conditions, and various other factors that may have contributed to the accident occurring.
- Police Report: Victims should contact the police as soon as possible if they are not at the accident scene. You will want to get a copy of a police report related to your accident. This report will help with your legal claim and can provide an unbiased opinion of the events which led up to the accident. This beneficial information can help you secure compensation from the at-fault driver.
- Seek Medical Attention: After you have all the information you need, it is crucial that you seek medical attention. Even if you do not feel symptoms and pain immediately, you may have injuries with delayed-onset symptoms. It is crucial for victims to go to a local area hospital and undergo testing to determine what injuries were sustained as well as the impact and extent of the injuries.
- Insurance Claim: After victims tend to their medical needs, it is crucial that they contact their insurance company. Initiating a claim will begin the investigation process and get you closer to collecting compensation for your vehicle repairs as well as other damages that stemmed from your accident. In some cases, your lawyer can handle this step for you.
- Legal Representation: It is crucial that you contact an auto accident law firm in Jersey City. Working with a skilled and reputable attorney will ensure you get the maximum amount of compensation and the justice you deserve from those who caused you harm.
Types of Damages in a Personal Injury Claim
Victims who are injured in motor vehicle accidents across New Jersey are able to obtain compensation for various damages resulting from their accidents. Our skilled and reputable Jersey City car accident attorneys at Metro Law are dedicated to helping those harmed get full and fair compensation for various damages resulting from their accidents, including:
- Medical Bills: Injuries from motor vehicle accidents can result in thousands of dollars in medical expenses for victims. These costs often devastate victims and their families who are forced to spend their money or go without the treatment they need to recover. When victims are harmed in accidents, we help them to collect compensation to cover all past, current, and future medical treatment for their injuries. We help victims collect the maximum amount of compensation for medication, medical devices, surgery, and various other costs they’ve incurred from their accident.
- Pain and Suffering: Many victims are injured in accidents, causing them to deal with overwhelming physical pain and suffering. The physical and emotional consequences of a motor vehicle accident can impact nearly every aspect of a victim’s life. Not only do they have problems performing physical tasks but they may feel hopeless and helpless. In some cases, victims suffer from the posttraumatic stress disorder. Our team at Metro Law helps those harmed demonstrate to the court the level of suffering they experience in order to help them collect the maximum amount of compensation available for their claims.
- Property Damage: Vehicles are often damaged or destroyed in accidents. Our team of Jersey City auto accident lawyers at Metro Law work diligently to help those harmed collect the maximum amount of compensation available to repair or replace their vehicles and other property. We are dedicated to helping victims get back on the road and regain a sense of normalcy as quickly as possible.
- Lost Wages: When victims are injured in collisions, they are often forced to undergo medical treatment or spend days or even weeks in the hospital which prevents them from working. After their initial treatment plan, victims frequently have to attend appointments and even go to therapy. Our attorneys help victims collect the maximum amount of compensation available to cover all lost wages due to their accidents and injuries.
- Lost Earning Potential: Some victims are forced out of work indefinitely. We help them collect the maximum amount of compensation available for lost earning potential. Our skilled car accident attorneys in Jersey City work with financial experts who can accurately calculate the total lost earning potential based on the victim’s job, education level, chances of promotions, and various other factors.
- Punitive Damages: Victims are often harmed in accidents due to the extreme negligence of others, we help them petition for the maximum amount of punitive damages available. Punitive damages are not provided to victims for any losses in particular. Instead, they are awarded to victims as a form of punishment for egregious behavior by those who caused them harm and as a deterrent to future negligent and reckless behavior. Working with a skilled lawyer will ensure your petition requests the maximum amount of punitive damages available in our state.
When victims are harmed in accidents as the result of another person’s reckless or negligent acts, it is crucial that they contact a knowledgeable automobile accident attorney in Jersey City as soon as possible to ensure their legal rights are protected. Our team of lawyers is dedicated to helping you every step of the way to ensure your legal rights are protected.
Why Work with Metro Law
When victims are harmed in motor vehicle accidents, they often deal with overwhelming devastation. Victims are forced to suffer physically, mentally, and financially. In many cases, the victim’s family is also burdened by various factors after a collision. When victims are harmed in accidents as the result of another person’s negligent or reckless acts, it is crucial that they contact a motor vehicle accident attorney in Jersey City as soon as possible to ensure their legal rights are protected.
For over 40-years, attorneys at Metro Law have fought aggressively on behalf of accident victims to ensure they get the justice and compensation they deserve. Our knowledgeable lawyers are dedicated to helping victims get full and fair compensation to help alleviate the financial burdens resulting from their accidents so they can focus on recovering. Contact our car accident law firm in Jersey City at (973) 344-6587 to schedule a free case evaluation and explore legal options available for you.