Paterson, New Jersey Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
More than 60,000 people are injured in motor vehicle accidents across New Jersey annually. A large percentage of victims or individuals utilize motorcycles as their method of transportation. Although these vehicles make up less than 1% of all traffic on the road, the drivers are involved in over 15% of motor vehicle accidents resulting in fatalities.
When motorcyclists are injured in collisions across our state, they are often forced to undergo extensive medical treatment for their injuries and spend weeks in area hospitals to recover. In some cases, victims incur life-altering injuries that have a devastating impact on their lives. Sadly, there are countless cases where motorcyclists are injured in collisions due to the negligent acts of others.
In many cases, victims are rushed to accept a minimal settlement offer by the insurance companies of those at-fault for their injuries. These insulting offers fail to provide victims the compensation they rightfully deserve for medical expenses, lost wages, and numerous other damages resulting from their accidents. Unfortunately, countless victims accept these offers without realizing that doing so prevents them from collecting further compensation in the future or filing a legal claim against the at-fault party.
Rather than accepting a settlement offer, it is crucial for victims to contact a motorcycle accident attorney in Paterson to protect their legal rights. Our attorneys at Metro Law have over 40-years of experience helping victims collect the maximum amount of compensation available for their claims. Our team works diligently to ensure victims are able to move forward from their accidents and focus on recovering without the worry of navigating the complex legal system on their own. Contact our personal injury attorneys in Paterson to see how we can help you.
Why You Should Hire an Attorney After a Paterson, New Jersey Motorcycle Accident
When individuals are harmed in motorcycle accidents, due to the negligent acts of others, they may be entitled to compensation to cover various damages resulting from their accidents. Working with a knowledgeable motorcycle accident attorney in Paterson provides victims with the best chances of recovering the maximum amount of compensation for their legal claims.
Our team at Metro Law works diligently to help accident victims get the justice and compensation they deserve for their accidents. Victims who contact our law firm can rest assured knowing their legal rights are protected as they focus on recovering. Our team performs various tasks to help victims build a solid claim to assist them to obtain the outcome they deserve. Some of the ways we help accident victims include:
- Investigating the Accidents: Our team at Metro Law will go to the scene of the accident and take photos of the conditions at the site. We will record videos and gather any available surveillance footage. Our team will uncover crucial details to ensure victims’ claims are presented in the best possible light. In some cases, we will hire expert witnesses who can recreate the scene of the accident to prove how the defendant caused the accident.
- Determining the Costs of the Accident: Our Paterson motorcycle accident attorneys will gather repair bills, medical statements, and various other documents and evidence to demonstrate the costs of damages victims incur from their accidents. In addition, we will obtain testimony from medical professionals and other specialists that detail care plans for victims. This will ensure they are able to recover the maximum amount of compensation available to cover all past, current, and future medical expenses resulting from their accidents.
- Communicating with Victims about their Cases: We firmly believe accident victims deserve individualized treatment throughout the entire claims process. For this reason, we keep in constant contact with victims to ensure they fully understand everything taking place. Our motorcycle accident attorneys in Paterson work diligently to answer any questions victims may have about their claims.
- Handling Paperwork: We understand the importance of filing paperwork timely and accurately for victims. For this reason, we work diligently to ensure victims have their legal claims filed within the statute of limitations. This will allow them to protect their legal rights and collect the compensation they deserve. Our team works diligently to ensure all forms and documents are filed on time, every time. Victims can rest assured knowing their legal rights and best interests are protected.
- Preparing for Settlements: Our motorcycle accident attorneys in Paterson are prepared to aggressively negotiate full and fair settlements on behalf of accident victims to ensure they are able to tend to their financial burdens while focusing on recovering.
- Taking Cases to Trial: In cases where a settlement agreement is unable to be reached with those at fault, our team is prepared to take each case to trial. Our proactive approach to representing victims involves preparing each case as if it were going to trial from the beginning. Doing so ensures that we are ready to represent those harmed in court whenever necessary to obtain the outcome they deserve.
- Getting Vehicles Repaired: When victims have been harmed in accidents, due to the negligent acts of others, we work diligently to ensure they are able to repair their vehicles and get back on the road as soon as possible. It is crucial for victims to have adequate transportation to get to their appointments, work, and tend to their necessities whenever possible.
When victims are injured in motorcycle accidents, it is crucial that they obtain the legal representation they can trust. Our Paterson motorcycle accident attorneys at Metro Law have over 40-years of experience helping those harmed get the justice and compensation they deserve. Contact our law firm today to see how we can assist you to get the justice you deserve.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Paterson, New Jersey
Motorcycle accidents occur suddenly and can have a life-altering impact on those involved. Unfortunately, these horrific incidents leave thousands of individuals across our state injured each year. Although motorcycle accidents can take place for a variety of reasons, there are a growing number of collisions that occur due to the negligent and reckless actions of others. Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents our Paterson motorcycle accident attorneys at Metro Law have helped victims with include accidents involving:
- Distracted Drivers: When individuals use their cell phones, engage in conversations with others, change the radio, or engage in other activities that take their attention off the road, they are more likely to be involved in motor vehicle accidents with others. The fact that motorcycles are smaller than most other vehicles, in itself, presents challenges to drivers sharing the road. When drivers are not paying attention, they are more likely to strike miss motorcycles and strike them unknowingly.
- Impaired Drivers: Although there are countless laws in place to prevent drivers from operating their vehicles while impaired, we continue to see thousands of people injured in horrific collisions each year. Impaired drivers cause nearly half of all motor vehicle accidents across our state. When impaired drivers are sharing the roadway with motorcyclists, they are more likely to collide with them due to their small size and the impaired driver’s delayed reaction time.
- Product Liability: Driving a motor vehicle presents its own set of challenges. Unfortunately, there are numerous cases where individuals are driving vehicles with defective or malfunctioning parts. When brakes fail, accelerators malfunction or other defects are present, they are often unable to control their vehicles. These accidents can result in serious and life-altering injuries.
- Driving Conditions: Driving in the dark and inclement weather presents unique challenges for motorcyclists. Drivers are likely to collide with these vehicles due to their inability to see them.
- Reckless Driving Behaviors: Thousands of individuals are injured each year in collisions due to the reckless actions of others. When drivers speed, disobey traffic devices or engage in other reckless behaviors, they are likely to cause serious accidents that leave motorcyclists with life-altering injuries. In many cases, vehicles change lanes without looking and strike innocent motorcyclists along the roadway. These accidents often result in devastating injuries and extensive damages.
When individuals are harmed in motorcycle accidents, they are often forced to undergo extensive medical treatment. In many cases, victims are left with debilitating injuries that impact nearly every aspect of their lives. When victims are harmed in accidents, due to the negligent acts of others, it is crucial that they contact a motorcycle accident attorney in Paterson to protect their legal rights. Those harmed may be entitled to compensation to alleviate the financial burdens resulting from their accidents.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries in Paterson NJ
When victims are involved in motorcycle accidents, they often incur life-altering injuries that require extensive medical treatment. Our Paterson motorcycle accident attorneys at Metro Law work diligently to help those harmed collect the maximum amount of compensation available to cover medical treatment and various damages resulting from their accidents. Our team understands the difficulties victims face after being injured in a motorcycle accident. Some of the most common injuries victims of motorcycle accidents incur include:
- Broken Bones: Broken bones are extremely common in motorcycle accidents. Victims often suffer compound fractures that require medical treatment and an extended period to recover. Broken bones often limit a victim’s ability to perform common tasks and cause overwhelming pain and suffering.
- Amputations: There are countless cases where victims suffer extensive limb injuries and amputations. These injuries often require extensive medical treatment and excruciating physical therapy to help those harmed move forward from these overwhelming injuries.
- Cuts, Scrapes, and Abrasions: Individuals ejected from motorcycles often slide down the road. This often results in serious cuts, scrapes, and abrasions. Although these injuries are not life-threatening, the injuries can lead to infections and further medical treatment. They can have a devastating impact on a victim’s mental and emotional health and well-being.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Motorcyclists are extremely vulnerable to the impact of motor vehicles in collisions. For this reason, it is common for victims to sustain debilitating spinal cord injuries. In some cases, victims end up paralyzed and have to utilize medical equipment for the rest of their lives. These injuries often have a devastating impact on a victim’s mental and physical health and well-being.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: These injuries are extremely common in motorcycle accidents. This is particularly true in cases where riders are not wearing helmets at the time of impact. Sadly, traumatic brain injuries often require extensive medical treatment and leave victims with irreversible damage.
- Neck Injuries: Whiplash, sprains, and other neck injuries can have a dramatic impact on a victim’s range of motion and the ability to perform common daily tasks. These injuries often leave victims in excruciating pain and make it difficult for them to enjoy their lives.
When victims are injured in motorcycle accidents, they are often forced to undergo extensive medical treatment. These injuries can result in overwhelming pain and suffering – mentally, physically, and financially. In cases where victims are harmed by others, it is crucial that they contact a motorcycle accident attorney in Paterson to protect their legal rights. Our team at Metro Law works diligently to help victims collect the maximum amount of compensation and get the justice they deserve for their accidents.
Why Work With Metro Law
Every year, thousands of people are injured in accidents across New Jersey. Sadly, those harmed are often left with overwhelming pain that has a devastating impact on nearly every aspect of their life. Motorcyclists often incur life-altering injuries that require extensive and expensive medical treatment. When individuals are harmed in accidents due to the negligent acts of others, it is imperative that they have a personal injury attorney in Paterson by their side to ensure their legal rights are protected.
Our attorneys at Metro Law have over four decades of experience helping accident victims get the justice and compensation they deserve. Our team will stop at nothing to ensure victims are able to move forward from their accidents and focus on recovering without the worry of handling their complex legal claim. We provide aggressive yet compassionate representation to victims in need to ensure they are able to hold those at fault accountable for their injuries and damages. Contact our personal injury attorneys in Paterson at (973) 344-6587 to schedule a free case evaluation and explore the legal options available for you.