Car Accident Attorneys in Paterson, New Jersey
Motor vehicle accidents can have a devastating impact on the lives of those involved. This is especially true in cases where individuals are injured in these horrific incidents. More than 60,000 people are injured in automobile accidents across New Jersey each year. In many cases, victims are required to undergo extensive medical treatment and deal with overwhelming pain and suffering. Not only do victims bear devastating mental and physical consequences, but they often incur endless financial burdens as well.
In many cases, victims are injured in these horrific collisions due to the negligent acts of others. When victims are harmed in these collisions, they are often approached by the insurance companies of those at fault. The insurance companies try to persuade accident victims to accept minimal settlement offers to cover their immediate financial needs. Unfortunately, accepting these offers prevents victims from collecting additional compensation in the future or filing a legal claim against them. It is crucial for victims to refrain from speaking to insurance companies until after they have met with a car accident attorney in Paterson. Those harmed may be entitled to compensation to cover the costs of numerous damages incurred from their accidents.
Metro Law’s personal injury attorneys in Paterson have over 40-years of experience helping accident victims collect the maximum amount of compensation available. Our team works diligently to ensure victims are able to collect full and fair compensation to cover the financial burdens resulting from their accidents. If you were injured in an accident, through no fault of your own, contact our car accident attorneys in Paterson to see how we can assist you.
Why You Should Hire an Attorney After a Paterson, New Jersey Car Accident
Individuals who are injured in motor vehicle accidents can benefit greatly by working with a reputable and aggressive car accident attorney in Paterson. Our team at Metro Law works diligently to ensure victims are able to collect full and fair compensation for their injuries and other damages caused by their collision.
Metro Law’s Paterson car accident attorneys understand the difficulties accident victims face after suffering serious and life-altering injuries in motor vehicle accidents. Unfortunately, insurance companies attempt to take advantage of the vulnerability victims face after an accident. These companies often rush victims and offer them minimal settlements for their injuries. Sadly, victims often accept these lowball offers to tend to their immediate financial needs. Victims often neglect to realize that accepting any offers from insurance companies early in the process can prevent them from collecting additional compensation or filing a legal claim in the future.
Rather than accepting an offer, Metro Law helps those harmed collect the maximum amount of compensation available. Our team of car accident attorneys in Paterson work diligently to ensure victims are able to protect their best interests and collect the maximum amount of compensation available for their legal claim.
Working with a skilled and knowledgeable attorney is a victim’s best chance for collecting full and fair compensation. Our team at Metro Law provides numerous services to victims to ensure their claims are handled in the most accurate and professional manner possible. Some of the services we offer car accident victims include:
- Investigating the Scene of the Accident: Our team will go out to the site of the accident and gather evidence to help prove a victim’s claims. We will take several photographs, record videos, collect any available surveillance footage, and even hire expert witnesses to recreate the accident exposing critical details proving their claim. Our team will interview witnesses, gather police reports, and investigate the driving records of those at-fault.
- Gather Documents and Information: Our attorneys will gather repair reports from auto shops, collect medical treatment records and bills, and other pertinent documents to detail the costs of the accident. Our team is dedicated to helping victims collect the maximum amount of compensation available to cover the damages resulting from their accidents.
- Communicate with Victims: We firmly believe those harmed deserve one-on-one treatment throughout the complex legal claims process. For this reason, we remain available to victims in order to answer any questions and provide them with information about their accident claims.
- Ensure Documents are Filed Correctly: New Jersey has a strict statute of limitations in place outlining the timeline for filing deadlines and evidence production. Our team is dedicated to filing legal claims in a timely and proper manner to ensure those harmed are able to protect their legal rights.
Our team understands the difficulties victims face after being injured in automobile collisions. For this reason, we work diligently to ensure they are able to obtain the maximum amount of compensation to cover the costs of repairing or replacing their vehicles as quickly as possible. It is crucial for victims to have a reliable method of transportation in the aftermath of their collisions.
Paterson car accident attorneys from Metro Law will aggressively negotiate full and fair settlements on behalf of victims to ensure they are able to tend to their financial burdens as they recover. If we are unable to come to a settlement agreement with those at-fault, we provide aggressive and reliable representation for victims in court to ensure they obtain the outcome they expect for their claims.
Our team understands that each motor vehicle accident is unique. For this reason, we are dedicated to providing individualized attention to every client we work with. Our team is dedicated to thoroughly investigating the details of your accident to ensure we have a strong case to help you obtain the outcome you deserve. Contact our car accident attorneys in Paterson today to get started with your claim.
Types of Car Accidents Impacting Victims in Paterson
There are various types of car accidents that a person can sustain injuries. Some cases are more complicated than others. No matter how complex your accident was, we are well-versed in helping victims get the justice they deserve. Some types of os cases we have helped victims collect compensation for include:
- Rear-End Collisions: These collisions occur when a vehicle is struck in the rear by another vehicle.
- Head-On Collisions: These collisions occur when the front ends of two vehicles traveling in opposite directions collide.
- Side-Impact Collisions (T-Bone): These accidents are more common at intersections and occur when one vehicle is struck in the side by the front end of a second vehicle.
- Rollover Accidents: These accidents occur when a vehicle rolls over either as the result of a driver losing control or as the result of a second vehicle colliding with them. These accidents are often fatal and commonly involve SUVs and taller motor vehicles.
- Single-Car Accidents: This term is used to describe motor vehicle accidents in which only one vehicle is involved. In some cases, vehicles collide with fire hydrants, signs, and other objects on the roadway.
- Multi-Vehicle Collisions: Commonly referred to as “pileups,” these accidents involve three or more vehicles colliding at various points of impact. These accidents are often extremely complex and require the assistance of a skilled car accident attorney in Paterson.
- Commercial Vehicle Accidents: When individuals are involved in motor vehicle accidents with semi-trucks, delivery vans, buses, cement trucks, dump trucks, or other large vehicles, they are more likely to incur serious and life-altering injuries. It is crucial for victims of commercial vehicle accidents to have a skilled and aggressive legal team on their side.
No matter what type of motor vehicle accident you are involved in, it is crucial for you to take the proper steps toward ensuring your legal rights are protected. Contact our car accident attorneys in Paterson as soon as possible to protect your legal rights and get the justice you deserve.
Common Causes of Motor Vehicle Accidents in Paterson, New Jersey
There are countless reasons why individuals are involved in motor vehicle accidents across our state. A large percentage of collisions occur due to the negligent or reckless acts of others. Some of the most common causes of motor vehicle accidents we help victims with include claims involving:
- Distracted Drivers: When drivers use their cellphones, eat, drink, or engage in conversations while operating their vehicles, they are likely to take their eyes off the road ahead. As a result, drivers are unable to react in time to avoid a collision. Distracted drivers are one of the leading causes of motor vehicle accidents we see in New Jersey as well as the entire country.
- Impaired Drivers: Regardless of how many laws are in place to ensure people are not driving while impaired, we continue to see thousands of individuals seriously injured across New Jersey due to drivers who are under the influence of drugs or alcohol while operating their vehicles.
- Product Liability: There are countless cases where individuals experience brake failures, acceleration jams, and other malfunctions that place their lives, as well as the lives of others sharing the road, at serious risk for injuries. When individuals are harmed due to defective products, it is crucial that they contact a car accident attorney in Paterson immediately to get the justice they deserve.
- Driving Conditions: Unfamiliar and unsafe roadways, dark conditions, and inclement weather can make it difficult to impossible for individuals to maintain control over their vehicles. Driving conditions can impact a person’s ability to stop, turn, stay in their own lane, and maintain control of their vehicles.
- Reckless Driving Behaviors: Drivers who speed, ignore traffic control devices, and engage in other reckless behaviors while operating their vehicles often cause devastating collisions. Switching lanes without signaling, falling asleep while driving, and various other actions often leave others seriously injured in collisions.
As you can imagine, countless accidents cause irreversible injuries to victims. In many cases, the behaviors of other drivers are the direct result of these horrific collisions. When individuals are harmed in collisions, through no fault of their own, it is crucial that they contact a car accident attorney in Paterson as soon as possible. Victims may be entitled to compensation for various damages resulting from their accidents.
Compensation Available for Accident Victims
When individuals are harmed in collisions, they often endure overwhelming mental, physical, and financial devastation. In some cases, those harmed are able to contact a car accident attorney in Paterson to file legal claims against those at fault. Our team at Metro Law works diligently to help accident victims get the maximum amount of compensation available to cover the damages resulting from their accidents. Some damages our team helps victims collect full and fair compensation for include:
- The costs of all past, current, and anticipated medical treatment for their injuries
- Long-term therapy or treatment costs
- Lost wages and lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
- Emotional distress
- Property damages
- Wrongful death benefits (when applicable)
Working with a skilled and aggressive Paterson personal injury attorney from Metro Law will ensure you collect the maximum amount of compensation available for your claim.
Why Work with Metro Law
Over 160 people are injured in motor vehicle accidents every day across our state. In some cases, victims are left with debilitating injuries that require extensive and expensive medical treatment. When victims are harmed in accidents, due to the negligent acts of others, it is crucial that they contact a car accident attorney in Paterson as soon as possible to protect their legal rights.
Our attorneys at Metro Law have over four decades of combined experience helping accident victims move forward from an unexpected and tragic collision. Our personal injury attorneys in Patterson are dedicated to fighting aggressively on behalf of accident victims to ensure they collect the maximum amount of compensation available for their claims. Our team is dedicated to helping victims recover in the best way possible by providing aggressive yet compassionate representation to those in need. If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident, due to the negligent acts of another driver, contact our car accident attorneys in Paterson at (973) 344-6587 to schedule a free case evaluation to explore legal options available for you. Our team will review the circumstances surrounding your accident to determine the best legal approach available to ensure you obtain the outcome you expect for your claim.