Hempstead, NY – Body Recovered From Front St House Fire That Left Two InjuredNY/NJ Legal News
Hempstead, NY (September 27, 2022) – According to officials, one person died and two more were injured during a residential fire in Hempstead on Monday, September 26th.
Hempstead Village police said that the fire started at about 6:30 a.m. at a multi-family home in the 100th block of Front Street.
55 firefighters responded to the scene and were in the process of dousing the flames when they found the body of a woman on the second floor.
Two men also sustained injuries. One sustained heavy smoke inhalation and the other serious burn injuries. Both also received multiple contusions and lacerations while trying to escape the flames.
The burn victim was moved to Nassau University Medical Center in serious condition.
A total of two children and five adults were evacuated without further incident.
We would like to offer our deepest condolences to the family of the deceased victim at this time. Our thoughts are with the injured victims and their families in hopes of a full recovery.
Liability for Structure Fires in New York
Following a residential fire, it is necessary to confirm if the action or inaction of a third party played a role in the cause of the fire or an occupant’s inability to escape safely.
Some common factors that a New York burn injury lawyer will investigate are whether or not :
- The manager or owner of the property adhered to all current building, fire, and safety protocols
- Vents and fireplaces were adequately maintained
- Proper fire safety gear and equipment were on site
- Fire doors were in use
- Fire escapes and exits were available and functioning
- Firewalls were properly built and placed
- Smoke detectors were correctly installed, tested, and working
If it is decided that a fire or the inability to safely respond to one was the fault of a third party, you might have a legitimate claim against the negligent person or company.
Some of the leading causes of house, apartment, and workplace fires include:
- Faulty appliances
- Outdated electrical wiring
- Damaged or improperly installed gas lines
- Clogged chimney flues
- Defective boilers or furnaces
Reach out to our fire injury attorneys in New York at (800) 469-6476 to see how we can help you.
Notes: Outside sources were used in the creation of this post including news bulletins and first-hand accounts of the accident and injuries involved. As a result, the details of the accident presented have not been independently verified. If you have identified any false information in the story or would like the post to be removed, please inform us immediately, and we will correct the information or remove the post.
Disclaimer: As a member of the local community, we at Metro Law strive to improve the overall safety and quality of life for everyone who lives in our beloved state. We are extremely saddened by these accidents but hope that through an awareness of these dangers, those in our community will take precautions to avoid these accidents. This is not a solicitation for business, and this information should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. We wish only the best and quickest recovery to all those involved in the accident. The photos depicted in this post are not from the actual accident scene.